Make my Cam more lumpy

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you rate the following at enhancing the "lumpiness" at idle of a pre-2000 Viper?

1. Hi flow cats
2. Aftermarket exhaust
3. Aftermarket rockers
4. VEC2
5. Other mods?

Reaction score
5) Other mods - Camshaft swap - a 10!

Nothing comes close to the lumpy sound at a stop light of a Heads/Cam car, and I did 1 and 2 before changing out the cam.

However, a full exhaust package (including headers) helps generate the right racket. You'll like it.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rockers=bigger cam.Lump Factor accomplished.
Rear muffler delete=cheapest sound enhancer.
Be a badA$$ and do it all.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently had a full aftermarket exhaust package installed in my GTS (Corsa exhaust, Belanger headers, Randomtech Ceramic Cats) and the increase in idle "lumpiness" is incredible. The car now sounds like a boat with a really loud and powerful outboard motor. The car even seems to shake from the lumpiness. Absolutely awesome. :headbang:

aslowdodge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have all that stuff and the car is loud and extremely lopey at idle. I have had a lot of people ask me what cam I had put in but it is stock. Even people I know that hate vipers ( old muscle car lovers) told me the idle is awesome

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even people I know that hate vipers ( old muscle car lovers) told me the idle is awesome
That's weird. If there is one modern car that an old muscle car enthusiast should like it is a Viper. Other than EFI, up until 2000 Vipers have the same technology as an old muscle car (just one with big tires and IRS). You just cannot please some people.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SBKIM-I can give you a good price from Roe Racing for the Rockers and have Jimmy,who works with Paolo install,he's very good.He installed 3 sets complete last year in a few hours,and no problems or adjustments have been made.All the cars are raced hard.Gotta check prices,guessing about $1000+- installed.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The RR's do make a difference both in HP and sound. You won't regret it!
Installing is not that big of a deal if you have some mechanical background. Biggest problem I had was some of my lifters would bleed off before I could get to them to adjust. That was a pain. However there was only two, so I adjusted them the same as the rest. Runs strong!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only thing that makes a cam "more" lumpier is a swap with a more lumpier cam!

Looking for that potato potato potato potato potato potato
H-D sound are you?

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now the question is- are the Harland Sharp at $600 good enough for street driving, or do you need to spend 1200 to 1600 for the T&D's, or Jesels?

Gary