Man almost killed driving Viper on Rt 78 in NJ

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 injured, 1 walks away in Route 78 auto crash

Monday, June 16, 2008 BY TONY KURDZUK AND CLAIRE HEININGER

Star-Ledger Staff

An unidentified driver was hospitalized with serious injuries last night after his car flipped on Route 78 east in Union County, New Jersey State Police said.
The two-door Dodge Viper crashed on the highway in Berkeley Heights shortly after 4 p.m., according to State Police, who were still investigating the cause of the accident last night.
The crash caused traffic to back up several miles on eastbound Route 78, authorities said. The victim, whose name and age were not immediately released, was taken to Overlook Hospital in Summit for treatment, State Police said. His passenger, who also was not identified, was apparently unharmed.
Truck driver Charles Mann of Lawton, Ore., said he witnessed the accident.
"They were in the center lane and everything appeared normal," Mann said. "The next thing I knew I saw an explosion, which was the all the debris coming off (the car) from when they hit the wall on the side of the road."
He said the car flipped several times before coming to rest in the weeds on the side of the highway.

1 injured, 1 walks away in Route 78 auto crash- NJ.com

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "fact" that the driver died was from a "comment" at the news website.
Not very reliable...

RedLiner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know his name, who he was or if he was a local member here??

I would still like to know what happened to the car that caused the crash, as she stated that it felt like the car was coming apart or it lost a wheel or something.

Very sad!

RedLiner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for this loss to his family and friends. Seemed like a great guy from the article written about him. I'm sure he will be missed dearly.

Rest in peace brother!