May be Selling my 98 Silver GTS???

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I want to build a full blown racecar, and dont have the heart to trash a perfectly good GTS so I will most likely be putting it up for sale and buying a better donor car.

Anyone know anyone in the market? The car is solid. Runs, drives, looks great.

List of mods
Tom's rear caliper upgrade
Baffled Oil pan with windage tray
00.5 ACR Koni Coilovers
Brake Air deflectors
Slotted/Dimpled rotors
SS brake lines
New Optima Redtop battery(less than 4 months old)
K&N CF Air intake box
MGW Short shift knob.
Poished gas cap and "speaker grills"
Custom cat back exhaust and testpipes
Chrome catch can
Archer racing Solid F&R sways with greasable bushings
New Plugs/wires (less than 500 miles on them)
Rims and tires are in great shape, the rims do have a few small and i mean SMALL scratches on them.
Front bumper has the usually scrapes underneath from high speedbumps and curbs.
Never wrecked, clean title, etc

I also have a second set of GenI rims/tires with KUhmo V700's I'll throw in.
Fluids have all been changed on a freakishly frequent schedule.

Will be asking $42k w/ 31k miles as it sits today and maybe a bit less without all the mods.

I have all the stock parts for the car and can be put back to bone stock if desired.
I will be taking some more pics this weekend when I get her all washed and waxed up

I know its winter, blah blah bad time to sell blah blah. But I'm not really in a yank to sell it so i figured I'd put the word out now and see what comes back.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! You really think its low? hmmmmm I'm not looking to make a mint on it, just sell it and not lose my shirt.

I just ran it down to the lake and took a few pictures..Its a GORGEOUS Sunny 65 Degree day! mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I love the south!

I'll post some more pics in a few minutes, like i posted earlier, it could use a good bath and a new coat of Zaino, but we are under water restrictions and I have to "sneak" in a hand wash. lol

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
a few more pics......

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Fart Can exhaust tip..

Yeah, thats nice, you cant afford the viper now... :(

sorry to hear that.. wife wants more of your balls in her purse ?

Your excuse is kinda lame, since your "350Z" was supposedly some race prepped machine, that you sold for the viper. So didnt you go backwards on this whole process of getting a street car viper and now you want a race ready car again?

Good luck, and trust me, your price is about right, they havent seen the car, I have. Over price it, if you want to sit on it for a while.

Love
Jon

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a local car w/ 28k miles on it went for low 30's.... but that was quite a steal. this price is probably close. I don't care for the porsche boxer looking exhaust but that is easily replacable.

good luck! sorry to see it hit the street. nice color, for sure!

BTW - that would be a perfect car to turn into a full blown race car!

JD

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ya know Jon, just when I think you have an ounce of class.....

I havent been out trollin all your threads, have the same courtesy.

Not a thing wrong with my car, anyone can talk to some of the other local guys who can vouch for the condition of the car.

and your point about me selling my raceprepped 350z to buy the Viper is what? I sold a car with half the HP for the viper, because even a track prepped 350Z was not as fast or as much fun as the Viper, so whats your point? I always wanted to own a Viper, it was my dream since they first came out. So I bought one, and yeah I have the itch to race, sue me.

I can buy an already built race Viper or a Formula Mazda(with Trailer) for just a bit more than my current Viper, I want to get into more Competetive racing and less HPDE type stuff and its cheaper/easier to get a car that someone has already put the work/effort into( much like Tomcat selling his 2001 GTS to buy the cones' racecar)..... so again.... your point?

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
and as for the exhaust, it's different i agree, but I like different and it sounds awesome!, not like you jon, be different, just like all you friends.....all both of them.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and as for the exhaust, it's different i agree, but I like different and it sounds awesome!, not like you jon, be different, just like all you friends.....all both of them.

D@mn, I have two? *yawn*.. wow.. that was so orignal..

n e ways, you asked me to leave your thread alone in a pm, and I will, stay outta mine, and I'll do the same for you. We bust each others asses in person, but on line, you seem to be more sensative. Be cool, stay outta mine, and I'll stay outta yours.

Jon

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad I made the change and will be running SCCA this year as well as some VRL. Good luck with your quest.

Tom

OP
OP
E

Eric H

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, Where have you been hiding? I have a good lead on a prebuilt Viper racecar, bult to the nines, also toyed with the idea of buying a local M3 Ultralight Racecar....AND went down your way and looked at a Formula Mazda open wheel racer with trailer AND RV....So I have a few options

Im torn between not wanting to sell the car, it would be a sad sad day and really wanting to start racing next year.

jimmy8541

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad I haven't unloaded my truck yet or I would have jumped on it. Nice clean car though.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club member Roger Morgan has a really nice prepared GTS. Fast with all the safety stuff. Think he is in Prescott now, but should be at the Barratt-Jackson event selling his Chrysler Airflow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang