McGuire Air Force Base Air Show

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey New York VCA, check this out. Come one, come all !!!!!! Any questions can be addressed in the NJ regional forum or by contacting the original thread host, PatentLaw.
:nana:

I was wondering how many people would be interested in going to the McGuire AFB show in Mid May (May 12, 13). I propose that if we go, it should be on May 12.

Here is the deal, if I get 5 responses, it is going to be a no-go because the base commander is not going to make special arrangements for 5 cars. I figure I need about 20 cars so that I can approach them to try to get preferred parking, with cones as a "static" display of sorts for them. In my opinion, however, we should be able to get WAY over 20 cars.

About the event - Opening time 9:00am

www.305services.com/main/airshow07

If you have not been to the McGuire event, it is one of the prime events in the Air Force calendar when scheduled during that year (once every 2 or 3 years). The event is held free of charge. Lots of ground displays of aircraft and tanks from local Fort Dix. Great fun for younger people.

Note - According to the weather, the flight line can be HOT. I MEAN REALLY HOT. NO SHADE. 110 TO 115 DEGREE HOT. If you dont like heat, dont come. Be forewarned.

If we go, we should go EARLY in the morning. Sometimes over 100,000 people show up and the traffic gets really bad. The earlier that you go, the less traffic the less problems.

Another reason for going early is that generally the 2nd or 3rd event that they have is an F15 Eagle demonstration. It sort of gets the crowd going. You cannot miss that. To the best of my knowledge, none of the exact times have been worked out for flights.

This year, however, the THUNDERBIRDS will be performing. In the last few years the BLUE ANGELS performed but this year they are going full Air Force. Should be a good show.

So, we need people....how many are in? And if you say that you are in, DON'T CANCEL......We are dealing with with Military people who have alot to do for this. We should not bother them if it is not going to be serious....

How many takers?

Note: This is a Central Jersey event, that is easily attended by people from Northern and Southern NJ. It is not difficult to drive there......very easy in fact.....(45 minute drive for even you upper NJ guys) And you NY guys.....how about some coming down south for once?

Lots of people on this website post from accessible areas.....maybe we can make this a winner of an event.......We have all seen the pictures from the mid-West of cars on the flight line, etc. We probably have more Vipers per square mile than anyplace on the face of the earth. We should at least be able to do 100 cars if we put our mind and spirit into it. Also, the more people we get, the more leverage we can get with the base.

So how many takers? Dont be bashful. Post it here for everyone to see, dont send it in a PM.

:usa:

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Updated Information on Events and Gatherings Page....Support Our Troops Run. Directions, times and locations given. Hope to see you there.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check out the cool videos posted in the Viper Gatherings section under the Support Our Troops run.

SEE THIS LIVE AND IN PERSON at the airshow.

WEATHER IS GREAT FOR THE EVENT! 75 DEGREES. ZERO CHANCE OF RAIN AS OF NOW. DON'T DELAY.

Easy travel from NY. Super quick. Easy to find. Centrally located. Don't delay.

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you saw the news, the Fort Dix Army Base was targeted for attack by terrorists. As you may know, Fort Dix is right next to McGuire AFB, the gathering for this Saturday. Show your pride in our country, don't be scared by the terrorists and support our troops.

Available Vipers should gather for the Support Our Troops run to show support for the armed service personnel. Saturday is your chance to show your true colors!!!

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish you all a good and safe trip to Central New Jersey. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow am. Last minute additions are welcome. The event looks to be great.