MD cruise with 6Speed - Sept 21

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone want to run with the 6Speeders? Everthing comes out to play - and this guy usually puts on great events....

Group from NOVA, anyone interested? I know you all been itch'in to drive :)

Full link here: Sunday, Sept. 21st - Maryland Civil War Trail Tour - 6speedonline.com Forums

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"[Sunday, September 21st 8-9:00 meet; 9:15am Departure]
Civil War Trail Tour

Please join us for this incredible run!!!
When: Sunday, September 21st. We will meet between 8:00 – 9:00am for a prompt 9:15am departure time.
Where: We will gather in the parking lot of the Starbucks in Mt. Airy, MD.

Route: This route will take us through 2 little known tunnels following the Civil War Trail through very historic areas of Maryland. The scenery on this tour is breathtaking and the roads are VERY challenging. Breaks are planned along route arriving at our final destination in historic Middletown, MD at Jaley’s. There will be some tremendous photo opportunities on this run so bring the cameras and/or video equipment…"

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds fun, but I have a family commitment on the 21st that will keep me away. Those guys drive too fast for me anyway. ;)

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm going to be on a different cruise that day, an exciting drive in a minivan coming back from Cincinnati.:crazy2:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken,

Find out what route they are planning? I can make sure it's decent roads.

OP
OP
K

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bump- ok this event has gotten pretty big, tons of cars now..... if you are in VA, a few of us are caravaning from the Leesburg Starbucks at 7:30A...Rt 15 and Edwards Ferry Road (Across from Costco).

Marylanders- just try and catch us on 15N or 70 ;)

OP
OP
K

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I prob should add this....

--------------------------------------

When: Sunday, we will meet between 8:00 – 9:00am for a prompt 9:15am departure time.

Directions to Starbucks in Mt. Airy:

From RT 270 DC Area:
Get off RT 270 at Exit 16A which is Father Hurley Blvd/RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… At the end of the exit ramp bear RIGHT on Father Hurley Blvd / RT 27 and continue thru Damascus past I-70 then continue to the 2nd light… You will see STARBUCKS on the left… Turn left at either of the 2 lights and continue into shopping center… We are meeting in the parking lot…

From RT 70 Frederick Area:
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… At the light at the end of the exit ramp turn left on RT 27 and continue to the 2nd light… You will see STARBUCKS on the left… Turn left at either of the 2 lights and continue into shopping center… We are meeting in the parking lot…

From RT 70 Baltimore Area:
Get off RT 70 at Exit 68 which is RT 27 Mt. Airy exit… At the light at the end of the exit ramp turn right on RT 27 and continue to the next light… You will see STARBUCKS on the left… Turn left at either of the 2 lights and continue into shopping center… We are meeting in the parking lot…

OP
OP
K

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How was it?

Pretty insane actually-
About 30+ cars....these guys move fast, as fast as we do, maybe faster. On the straights I could have eaten them tho-

Mostly Pcars-all varieties, tons of Loti (plural Lotuses?), some American cars, lots of BMW Ms. I was the only Viper.

It was about a 2 hour cruise- really, really, nice scenery, at one point my car caught air on some **** - that was scary as ***.

Pics on 6Speed here:

Sunday, Sept. 21st - Maryland Civil War Trail Tour - 6speedonline.com Forums