MGW gas cap, should I get one ?

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last summer I removed the lacquer from my GTS gas cap (it was badly corroded) and polished it. It looks great just after its polished but I've never seen anything corrode so fast in the rain, it almost grows a white beard in a few days. So I'm fed up with this and think I'll buy an MGW gas cap. Which style looks best, the emblem or the machined in logo. My GTS is black so should I get the black or silver emblem. Whats the quality like,is it better than the standard cap and does it look as "tough" as the original?

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car came with one from the previous owner. It has the red emblem. It is 100% quality and I would recommend one to anyone - but, I don't know if he is still making them.

If your car is black I would go with a grey logo'd replacement cap.

my .02

Jeff

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MGW's cap is tough. It's also great looking.

Joel,

as a side note, you can get your cap re-clearcoated and save it in case you ever want to go back to stock.

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only problem is they've been on back order for over a month now!!
pissed.gif

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything MGW is good.
I've seen several gas caps warranty covered.
You do gotta ask yourself,would ya turn down a ********* with pamala and britney.

pauljkopick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
get it ,you wont be sorry, if you dont want one with the emblem george also has one he makes that is all machined.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MGW Cap is a beautiful piece and very well constructed. However, your friends will think your really crazy when you tell them you spend $400 on a gas cap!!

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MGW makes the best caps I have seen. Really sets off the car and gets a lot of positive comments. I the yellow one on my 2001 and the blue on the 96. Great invesment.
Leonard

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just talked w/ MGW & our gas Caps should be ready really quick!
Looks like some changes were done to them and we'll have the best ones made so far!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Ever since I saw our local Viper President Prashant's, I've been thinkin about mine day & night! Just looking at MGW's, I cant understand why we didn't get something nicer from the factory!

I can't wait for mine & will Post pics when I get it! I know it'll change the ENTIRE look of my car!
smile.gif

OP
OP
J

Joel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just ordered it and am going to try and get a plain one but plain or logo I dont mind. I did a search on the forum before I posted here and found a reference to a standard cap costing over $500. If thats the case, makes the MGW look like good value.
I did get a new cap under warranty but when it arrived the clearcoat was damaged and scratched, so I gave up and polished the old one...mistake for a wet climate!

Hiper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi there,
I've got a 2001 Sapphire Blue GTS with stripes, and I was wondering whether I should go with the Blue logo cap or the Grey logo cap? I'm concernced that the Blue logo cap might not be the same color as the Sapphire Blue, so has anyone installed either of the caps? Thanks guys!
bounce.gif

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray,

Thanks for the info. I had no idea that it was availbale in Sapphire Blue. I just called MGW & changed my order.

Hiper,

I just called MGW & they said that it was the exact same Snake Emblym as the one on the front of our cars.