Miami owners please help

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have located a 97 blue and white in Miami, Florida. It looks great in pictures but, it has a after-market steering wheel with no air bag in it(I don't know what to make of this)and they only want 45000 for it(only 13000 miles). The dealer has not provided me a car fax report yet. Can anyone in Miami Florida check out this car for me please?? and here is the VIN 1B3ER69E7VV300708 Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
D

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's exactly what the sales person was telling me. I quote"it has a after-market steering wheel without air bag in it"

OP
OP
D

Derek

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's a picture of it
You must be registered for see images attach

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
97 and up RT's and all GTS's had air bags. The shifter does not look like the correct one for a 97 (probably kept his short throw and put that one back in). The emergency brake is pulled up farther than anyone I have seen (stretched cables?). And those buttons on the steering wheel sure look like a good way to spray laughing gas. Not exactly what I would want to see. I would want to hear some good stories before considering this car.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 96 GTS has air bags too. The shifter is from a late model Gen II. I would have this car checked carefully if you're interested in it, no telling what other goofy mods a previous owner did to the car.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
strange, why would someone change the steering wheel? Also, as mentioned, e-brake is WAAY out of wack. However the seats look to be in good condition.....have someone REALLY look this one over.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am wondering what do the red buttons on the steering wheel do? this might be an indication of past history, for example raced hard, drag raced, etc.

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
haha those buttons are really "The Fast And The Furious" looking.

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Perhaps, this custom steering wheel comes with those red button. Anyway, the only (cheap) reason I see to change the steering wheel on a street car, is that the airbag "popped up", maybe you could check the passenger side to make sure?
Definetely suspicious...

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The steering wheel looks like a Sparco. The buttons work with an aftermarket dash similar to the Stack Dash. I have the same steering wheel with the bottons. The buttons are intergrated with the Stack Dash so i can change the information on my dash. ie...look at oil temp, speed, tach,
water temp, ect...ect..