Miscellaneous Gen 3 engine parts needed

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,

I acquired a Gen 3 long block that #'s 3 & 4 rod bearing went out on. The guy who i got it from had it torn apart, realized the damage and went out and bought a replacement engine. All things considered it isn't in bad shape.

Long story short I bought the engine and am in the process of making a glass topped cocktail table out of the engine. The cool thing is that I have a small but powerful rotisserie motor that I am going to power the engine so that the crank slowly rotates and people can watch the pistons go up and down.

After cleaning and polishing, I discovered a few missing parts. What I need are:

2ea Gen 3 rod caps.
old rod bearings for the above two rods
bolts to hold the front cover on.
an old dead water pump
T'stat housing
an old set of lifters to throw into the lifter bores

All of the items I have listed do NOT have to be primo parts. They can and should be things collecting dust in the corner of someones shop or garage. I dont have a ton of money to throw at this so the cheaper (almost free) the better. I of course will pay shipping.

If there is a gen 3 oil pan out there that may be cracked or unserviceable too, I would be interested.

thanks in advance
Steve A.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Gen-3 Rods are cracked cap, you cannot use caps from any other rods- they wont even bolt together. Replace the whole rods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi