Mobil1 5 quart jug??

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck,

I can't find them either had to buy two six packs. The local Wal-Marts have not had any in the last few months here.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guys,
walmart has them but are hiding them!
let me explain:
I went to the oil isle and no mobil 1 jugs.. asked the sales kid he says sorry.
going to leave the area i cut down the RV isle.
and bingo a whole shelf of 5 qt jugs!

so check the RV isle i was pleasantly surprised!!!
bought 6 jugs at $17.45 each

good luck
JIM

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why I buy 4 - 5 quart bottles whenever I see them on sale for $17.88 each. I usually change my oil in the Viper once a year...if I put 500 miles a year on it it's alot. Seems like they have them for awhile and then months go by and you don't see them again for months.

I buy enough oil for an army...at any one given time I have at least a dozen cases of oil in the shop. Advanced Auto was selling Shell and Havoline (your choice) for $8.99 a case a few weeks back. Also Wal-Mart sells their own brand in 5 quart jugs for $4.17 which is a great price for your daily drivers. I buy that all of the time when I can't find sales. Stocked up big time since this potential war with Iraq is gonna drive up the prices of all fossil fuels...

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I buy enough oil for an army...at any one given time I have at least a dozen cases of oil in the shop. Advanced Auto was selling Shell and Havoline (your choice) for $8.99 a case a few weeks back. Also Wal-Mart sells their own brand in 5 quart jugs for $4.17 which is a great price for your daily drivers. I buy that all of the time when I can't find sales. Stocked up big time since this potential war with Iraq is gonna drive up the prices of all fossil fuels...

Eeew, that's like buying cheap TV dinners instead of gourmet food. It get's the job done, but it's sure isn't good! :crazy:

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot,

I have been running all different types of oil in my cars for years. As long as you change you oil frequently - which I do - most name brand oils will work fine. I have torn motors apart with no significant wear on any of the bearings that I have had in cars and maintained with any oils I could find. Granted, I only would use Mobil 1 in my Viper but when your daily driver is a 1985 Ram with 225,000 miles - do you think I am going to spend $$$ for expensive oil? I have put over 125,000 miles on that 318 and she purrs like a kitten with almost 50 psi at over 2,000 rpms. I throw any oil I can find in her. Quiet as a mouse and maintains great oil pressure with no rebuilds, re-ring jobs etc. I change my oil and filter every 2,500 miles in every car.

I guarantee if you took two motors and ran one on Havoline for 100,000 miles and you ran another with Penzoil for 100,000 miles, the wear on the bearings etc would be quite similar. Now if you run synthetic in one and regular oil in another there would be a difference in wear. Let's not kid ourselves...oils manufactured today are all good quality.

P.S. I don't eat "gourmet foods" and I don't have any Grey Poupon in my fridge either. Everything I buy is from the local dollar store and I thrive on buying No-Frills products... :D Too bad there isn't No-Frills Motor Oil...

SteveMat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny this thread came up because I e-mailed Mobil 1 asking why the 5 quart jugs are so hard to find.

What I sent:
Why is it so hard to find "Mobil 1" in 5 quart jugs. No one seems to carry it, local Walmart seems to carry it randomly for a month or two and then not again for a year. What is up with this?
What I got back:
Most all auto part stores carry Mobil products such as Autozones, Target, Napa, Checker's, Kragen's, and Advanced Auto Part Stores.
What I replied back with:
Let me clarify, I cannot find Mobil 1 in 5 quart jugs at any local retailer. The vendors you mentioned - AutoZone, Target, Advance Autoparts, NAPA carry 1 quart Mobil 1 but do not carry the 5 quart jugs. Many of them do however carry some of your competitors fully synthetic motor oil in 5 quart jugs.
What I got back:
Wal-mart is the only vendoe that has the 5qt. promotion of Mobil1. This is not a Mobil promotion only a Wal-Mart based decision they normally only have this promotion seasonly.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The local Advance NEVER has Mobil 1, only Autozone near me has it (sporadically).

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Here's the way to do it...have your local members watch the Wal-Marts for the promo (usually May-June around Indy)...then let each other know when the deal is on. During my last "big haul", I used some tie-down cords to lash 3 carts together, pulled my "train" to checkout counter, and paid for the tie-down cords and 32 of the 5 qt. jugs....worked WELL !!!

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the way to do it...have your local members watch the Wal-Marts for the promo (usually May-June around Indy)...then let each other know when the deal is on. During my last "big haul", I used some tie-down cords to lash 3 carts together, pulled my "train" to checkout counter, and paid for the tie-down cords and 32 of the 5 qt. jugs....worked WELL !!!
Man, I would have love to have seen that! :laugh:

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh, I went to 3 Wal-Marts yesterday, and the last one said the 5 quarters don't show up until about summer. I will be watching like a hawk.

Tom Shapiro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Blaine's Farm and Fleet in Kankakee today and bought a bunch of the Mobil One 4 quart jugs. They were $15.99 each. Didn't see any 5 quart jugs.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also the location of the walmart matters!!!
the suburb nice area walmarts probably maybe out; higher demand.
I found mine at the inner-city low demand for mobil 1 location.
so, go for a ride.. you might get lucky!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery