MW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
mods to get into 10\'s without the juice

Currently have run 11.7 at 120 w/ 1.75 short time & 10.99@130 w/125 power adder

Mods: Borla cat back
K&N's
BFG drags

I would like to click 10's w/o NOS. Don't ya'll think going to Belanger's/no cats (full 3inch outback) (- 0.2 or 0.3), MT ET streets/HD halfshafts(-0.3 or 0.4), computer upgrade, & good launch will get it?

thanks and happy summer fun...

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: mods to get into 10\'s without the juice

My theory is you can do it with bolt ons. But it depends on how much power you end up making with those mods. They have to be integrated and tuned for maximum effectiveness. If your going to do it on motor your going to have to make the most of your sixty foot times. Get them down to the 1.40s. Hopefully I'll see a 10 in Sept at the Viper Nationals where the conditions will be perfect!!!

OP
OP
M

MW

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: mods to get into 10\'s

Nice Paul!

Let us know how you do.

The reason I initially used nitrous was to take it easy on the drivetrain (not HAVE to run those 1.4 0-60's. ) Just been playing, have not optimized it yet.

What tires (front / rear ) do you use for those great 60's?
Did you modify the computer (Vec1 or Mopar)?
I would suspect the combo of 1.7's (I'm thinking of the Arrow's) & the headers really perked it up from your MPH.

Thank you for the info.
MWayne.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

K&N's
BFG drags

I would like to click 10's w/o NOS. Don't ya'll think going to Belanger's/no cats (full 3inch outback) (- 0.2 or 0.3), MT ET streets/HD halfshafts(-0.3 or 0.4), computer upgrade, & good launch will get it?

So this was your time on drag radials. If so then et streets should give you another .3 seconds at best(IMO)

What about gearing and roller rockers as well. With these and what you mentioned 10's should be a breeze.

But I think the most important thing is seat time. I have run a best of 1.76 60' on drag radials and it was my first time on a drag tire so I feel I can improve some with some more practice. As Paul said the launch is key. :cool:

robntguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1.76 on drag radials isn't bad ... my guess, a 1.50 or better, will bring ya down to a very low 11 .... but on e/t streets .... call john @ ccw.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

K&N's
BFG drags

So this was your time on drag radials. If so then et streets should give you another .3 seconds at best(IMO)

What about gearing and roller rockers as well. With these and what you mentioned 10's should be a breeze.

But I think the most important thing is seat time. I have run a best of 1.76 60' on drag radials and it was my first time on a drag tire so I feel I can improve some with some more practice. As Paul said the launch is key. :cool:

MW, I think you should get line lock. You can really warm up the tires a lot easier. I saw a guy in Ohio w/linelock get the rear end already planted before he ever moved by sitting at the tree having the line lock activated. I think he did an 11.05. Can't remember his name though.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score

His name is pauls, thanks. See you guys at this years Viper Nationals.