Monster Mopar Vipers

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all,
I entered the Monster Mopar Weekend for the first time, and it was great. I wish there would have been many more Vipers there to represent (Dodges flag ship car) but their were many great classics and lots of SRT cars. Steve Brown of the Kansas City region won 1st in the Viper Class :clap2:with his 97 GTS and I claimed 2nd place with my 02 FE GTS. The third place car did not stay to claim their trophy. They did not announce what the car was when awarding the trophies ,which i think sucked. they would call out names and entry # .
I snapped off some shots of all the vipers i saw and spoke with 2 of the viper owners from the gateway region. they were very pleasant to chat with. I have some video of the viper funny car that i will try to post. he lost due to not being able to get the car go into Reverse after his Burn out so he took a loss.:(
I look forward to next year and hope to see more of my Viper brothers their to represent the best car ever made.
BTW...the Best of Show was a 72 Cuda(photo included)

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is 1 video of a trial run. I had to post it under my old Name harleymanmitch This car was so freaking Loud!!!!:2tu:

[/URL][/IMG]

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you show your car, race, or both? We'll definitely get more Gateway members involved next year. I found out about this event less than 2 weeks before the day and already had committed to play in a golf tournament. I won 2nd place on the course, but would have rather taken your 2nd place trophy from you! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Congrats and hope to see you in Springfield next weekend!

Michael

OP
OP

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just entered the Show. Michael Congrats on your 2nd place. I could never come close to wining at golf. lol .I don't think i could take it out and race it for the fear of breaking something or wrecking it. Now if i could of had a chance of taking it out on the oval track for a run ....oh YEA...i would have love too.:D
I will be at the premiere event. look forward to seeing everyone. And by the way ...in the video the viper, he had to let off for fear of the car in the right lane was going to cross over in to his lane. the car in the right lane almost hit the wall, otherwise he would have gotten a much faster time.

Last edited:

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out there Saturday and Sunday. Saw the Vipers out there, but didn't get a chance to talk with any owners. I took the SRT-6 and won first in the stock daily driver class.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper