Mopar Controller: Before and after Dyno results

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Mopar controller installed and did another dyno.... The before and after dynos were done on the same dyno different days, both were SAE corrected....

The car picked up about 14HP peak and up to 33HP throughout the power curve....

They had trouble with the torque reading, so I didn't include the torque on the graph, but the torque was 533 ft/lbs with the Mopar ECU...

Here is the graph and info....

2008 Dodge Viper ACR Mopar ECU Dyno Sheet Details - DragTimes.com

next up, headers and exhaust!

Last edited:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Mopar controller installed and did another dyno.... The before and after dynos were done on the same dyno different days, both were SAE corrected....

They had trouble with the torque reading, so I didn't include the graph, but the torque was 533 ft/lbs with the Mopar ECU...

Thanks for posting. Great information. Do you happen to recall what the stock torque figure was?

/Rich

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
loving it , your my test mule. will do my acr after your progress thru the must do mods since were both use mark L. you going to do homestead on the feb, 28 ? benny

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having DC install headers and new Mopar ECU next week on our 08 ACR. Our baseline figures yesterday were 567 hp/524 tq. Dan will finish the install next week and we will do a new pull on the car with everything installed. The car presently has @ 260 miles on it. I will post then!

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another graph, I did another run without the air filter to see if a higher flowing filter will produce any gains.... there might be some room if K&N flows more than a stock filter....

this graph is not corrected, so the numbers are higher, you can really see how temp and humidity effect power.... temp today was 74 degrees and humidity 18%, vs 78 degrees and 44% on the baseline run.... this is why correcting to SAE is important....

2949d1233796885-mopar-controller-before-after-dyno-results-picture-28.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 28.jpg
    Picture 28.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 361

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Brooks said, the graph is uncorrected.But it appears that the run without the filters, on an uncorrected basis, netted an additional 10.46 HP.

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea, I wasn't clear... blue is the baseline, red is with the mopar ecu, and green is mopar and no filter.....

you can also see how the redline was increased....

As Brooks said, the graph is uncorrected.But it appears that the run without the filters, on an uncorrected basis, netted an additional 10.46 HP.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am having DC install headers and new Mopar ECU next week on our 08 ACR. Our baseline figures yesterday were 567 hp/524 tq. Dan will finish the install next week and we will do a new pull on the car with everything installed. The car presently has @ 260 miles on it. I will post then!

Are you installing a full Belanger header/exhaust system by any chance? If so, I will be watching your numbers with the Mopar ECU with great interest.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NIce. Those are similar results of an 03-06 with an aftermarket tune. The most noticeable change is the mid range torque and throttle response.

They had trouble with the torque reading, so I didn't include the torque on the graph, but the torque was 533 ft/lbs with the Mopar ECU...

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I baseline dyno'd my 08 SSG at a stock level with 2K miles. Then dyno'd with full belanger headers/exhaust at 4K (picked up 30HP at the wheels). Mopar puter going in next. Will dyno and share results. A couple guys in our area already did it, but no dyno numbers or previous baselines on those. Though throttle response/idle is very noticeable.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did your acr do 567 bone stock?

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes as delivered. ECU and headers next week-all work being done by Dan at DC Performance.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what he has-I believe he has two of them. We will get the graphs next week after he re-runs the car. He is installing headers and the new controller. We used this just as a baseline to see how much more power it would actually make-same shop dyno results will give us realistic numbers that way. I will post when I get it all back home- we live 500 miles away.

Reaction score
I just got confirmation here that, and I think Herb had eluded to this before, the PCM after the initial install and throttle learning CAN be swapped back and forth with the stock one without the dealers help!

I'm not condoning this but what should happen is that the stock PCM is for the street and when you get to the track you can swap in the OFF ROAD PCM for there and back again when you leave. This should eliminate any need to worry about smogging the car with the Mopar PCM in place. I do believe though that the Mopar OFF ROAD PCM would without a doubt FAIL any kind of emission testing so don't even try it.

:D:drive:

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
could indeed be the strongest, although I'm thinking those might be uncorrected numbers, which would make sense given the cool dry weather.... my results were corrected down about 30HP and it wasn't that cool out...

congrats you have got the strongest 08,we had dyno day at dc last year and i think the strongest stock was 520-525 rwhp

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if corrected or not...if not still would be @ 540 hp...not bad. I will have to check with Dan-we were talking on the phone when he gave me the numbers. I almost bought your car from Jarod and the morning I called he had sold it to you (I think its the same car).

OP
OP
F

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea, excellent numbers either way..... I think it was the same car, did you end up with the same color combo?

Not sure if corrected or not...if not still would be @ 540 hp...not bad. I will have to check with Dan-we were talking on the phone when he gave me the numbers. I almost bought your car from Jarod and the morning I called he had sold it to you (I think its the same car).

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, bought the exact same car a few weeks later...taking it to Viper Days or what ever they call it now, in a couple of weeks to hummm break it in further.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have one strong ACR Brian. Mine only pulled 500.6 correctted. It was done after my 3.55 gear install so it may read a little lower. Done on the same dyno that did your car as I'm pretty sure DC uses the ingound Dynojet dyno for 2WD cars and use the Dynapack 4WD dyno that hook up the car's hubs for 4WD cars. See you at Viper Days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi