Mopar on Thunder Mountain Colorado / Utah / WY, vipers!!

IDWIN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This coming Sunday is Mopar on Thunder Mountain at Bandimere Speedway in Morrison, Colorado.. I know if a few vipers that are going to make it, I just wanted to throw out the details to the rest of you, as a reminder.. I Hope to see some of you there! I have a 99 Silver / Blue stripe GTS.. Look me up if you can make it! :2tu:

http://bandimere.com/events/event_detail.php?eventID=133

OP
OP
I

IDWIN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bump, THis event is tomorrow, weather forcast is looking great! mid 70's is perfect racing weather!

Venom-US

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plan on making it. Do all you guys have helmets? I don't have one yet. Where is a good place to get one here in town? See you there

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there, didnt think about bringing my helmet for someone if they didnt have one. I forget which is required (snell rating I think). Others will chime in. see ya there!!

OP
OP
I

IDWIN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will have my helmet, you need Snell 95 or Newer, or SFI 31.1,31.2 specs

you can rent them at the track for 5.00 if I remember correctly, you just need to leave your drivers license with them.

OP
OP
I

IDWIN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and as far as buying one, I would just go to a motorcycle shop, they generally have a decent assortment depeding on the size they are. Unless you have a perfomance shop near you that you know of..

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some pictures from the event

5397HPIM5822.JPG

5397HPIM5823.JPG

5397HPIM5824.JPG

5397HPIM5827.JPG

5397HPIM5829.JPG

5397HPIM5830.JPG

5397HPIM5831.JPG

5397HPIM5833.JPG

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't remember the time but this surely had to be the fastest Viper. Even if it used a V8 :shocked:
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
I

IDWIN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great day! It was sure nice meeting everybody

Yes, it was nice to meet you all. I will be getting signed up soon, and hopefully partake in some future events..

-tracy

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Viper/Prowler participation yesterday. Nice to meet both old and new guys/gals I havent met before. Silver was the fastest color yesterday.

I might add not a bad job of driving to the Venom 650R who was rolling up his windows as he was shifting into 2nd gear :eek:

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard it was Bob David, SILVER Roe SC car. 11.65 at 127.5mph Excellent considering this is at 5800 ft and on stock tires.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didnt want to steal bobs thunder at "mopar at thunder mountain". Bob set a personal best and as others have said did it on street tires. It was an excellent run. ON a side note, I saw that gen III blue/white stripe SRT coupe again this afternoon. I need to follow him home someday and introduce him to the Viper club.

OP
OP
I

IDWIN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is hauling some serious tail at this elevation on stock tires! Thanks for the S/C 'mod' bug Bob! I will be planning on buying the kit this winter..

:2tu:

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you'll always want MORE POWER...until something breaks. At least thats the route I've apparently taken. Hope to attend some future events with you guys/gals.

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a short video of Bob's first time trial run
You must be registered for see images attach

And one of the shootout-Modified winner
You must be registered for see images attach

And yes both are Silver

Venom-US

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might add not a bad job of driving to the Venom 650R who was rolling up his windows as he was shifting into 2nd gear :eek:

[/QUOTE]

Still managed to run a 12.5 not too bad for a rookie huh? We will get those silver vipers next year! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine