More miles, or better care?

Jerry Horton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going through the classifieds, and saw some 97's with 5000 miles on them, and started thinking. I heard that it is usually better for the car to be driven regularly than to sit for long periods of time. Is this true? I realize it may be a dumb question, but I was just curious. Thanks.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only speak from my own experience, but I feel it is in the cars best interest to put miles on the clock. Keep the parts moving, the fluids pumping. The only negative is the chips in the paint from driving. Cars are designed to be driven, not stored. I've only stored 2 cars, but in both cases I had the most problems with these cars. Leather cracking, belts/hoses hardening, parts rusting, etc... Cars are meant to be driven!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at an itallian car show and someone came in with their G1 RT. It has like 50 miles on it and there was all sorts of stuff leaking all over the place.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only speak from my own experience, but I feel it is in the cars best interest to put miles on the clock. Keep the parts moving, the fluids pumping. The only negative is the chips in the paint from driving. Cars are designed to be driven, not stored. I've only stored 2 cars, but in both cases I had the most problems with these cars. Leather cracking, belts/hoses hardening, parts rusting, etc... Cars are meant to be driven!

I agree, stuff gets hard as a rock. Not to mention the occasional mouse family that moves in and eats your interior!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: