MORRIS, IL Cruise Night - Sept 9. ( Roll Call )

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm just looking to get an approximate head count for the Morris Cruise Night on Sept 9th.

For those of you that didn't see the other thread - The Morris Cruise Night is a once a month event that the city of Morris holds. They shut down their streets to hold this event. You drive in, park, and walk up and down the streets to check out the cars that rolled in. The last cruise night of the year is Sept 9th. The past show had somewhere very close to 700 cars, and the show in June had 640 cars. This is a very big event, and very well orginized. You can go to http://www.morriscruisenight.com/ for more information, and pictures. :)

The meeting location is the Wendy's on Hwy 47, just off Hwy 80 ( see map: http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/5656ViperGTG-med.jpg ). It's a flat parking lot - and has plenty of space BEHIND the Wendy's building.

You'll be meeting there at 3:00pm sharp on Sat Sept. 9, meeting up with the Rumble Bee group ( about 8 trucks or so ). The show is just a short drive from there, so you'll all follow each other into the show to be sure the whole group can park together.

For those of you coming from the Rockford/Madison area, you'll want to come down I-90, and in Rockford split off I-90 to I-39/51. You take that south to I-80, then take I-80 across to 47.

I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to make this event or not due to other obligations that came up between the previous post and now - but I definately want to have a bunch of Vipers show up at this event since it's been lacking a good Viper presence in previous shows. I'm going to try my best to go - but if you have any questions, feel free to Private Message either myself (i've been to past shows this year) or "angleiron" on the board, who lives near there.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what time at night does this thing normally wrap up. I have stuff till at least 7:00. But if weather is nice I am always up for a long drive.

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what time at night does this thing normally wrap up. I have stuff till at least 7:00. But if weather is nice I am always up for a long drive.

according the the website it goes until 9:00p.m. :cool:

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It si right off of Rt.47 on the right hand side if you are going southbound...left if northbound. there is a Shell gas station on the corner that is right next to it. It is just after the light once you go over I-80.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It si right off of Rt.47 on the right hand side if you are going southbound...left if northbound. there is a Shell gas station on the corner that is right next to it. It is just after the light once you go over I-80.

Yeah, I'm new to IL, so thats not helping me much, pretty sure I cant put "right off rt.47" in the navi :(

Can anyone give me a cross street? Those work just fine in the navi. Give me two streets that interect right there, and we are golden.

Thanks.

Jon

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where in the heck were all of the vipers tonight from the Chicago area that were suppose to be at this show?????? I thought there were going to be 18 vipers coming down to meet with the Rumblebees at Wendy's and cruise in together. Zdigital and i went from the Peoria area ran into sum rain and got there about 4:00 with no other Vipers in sight. Our two Vipers and one other red 94 with 390 miles on it were the only Vipers represented. What are your excuses??? :nono: :nono: :hitfan: :bonker: :buttkick:

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I waited in the parking lot in the back of the Wendy's from 2:30-4:20pm...never saw 1 Viper go by...no one stopped as they were supposed to have. Being that my car is yellow, and where I was sitting...there was NO WAY I could have been missed. :nono:

I had people driving up to me asking about the car while I sat waiting on others to show...and it never happened. I had a clear view of Rt.47 just off of I-80. :rolleyes:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Threat of Rain, and no exact addy for the Wendy's kept me.

Morris not that big! Ask where Wendy's is at when you get to town maybe at a gas station! Our 2 lone vipers were a hit I love to hear people say WOW there's a Viper!! A row of 18 like were suppose to be there would of been cool. There was a big showing of Viper Snacks (vette's). :D :bonker:

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I waited in the parking lot in the back of the Wendy's from 2:30-4:20pm...never saw 1 Viper go by...no one stopped as they were supposed to have. Being that my car is yellow, and where I was sitting...there was NO WAY I could have been missed. :nono:

I had people driving up to me asking about the car while I sat waiting on others to show...and it never happened. I had a clear view of Rt.47 just off of I-80. :rolleyes:

You live in Morris and you did not go to the show? :confused:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4