Moton Install Help

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, just got my Motons and now to install them on my Vert.

1. Front: How did you route the canister hose? Thru the bottom up thru the frame or did you drill a hole closer to the top of the unit??

2. Rear: Similar question; should I be drilling a big hole and plugging it or do most empty the factory charge and recharge to drill a small hole??

3. Helper Springs; does it matter if these are on top or bottom? I have seen photo's both ways and can't seem to find a standard...

I can't find a "how to" post on this but welcome a link if I missed it.

Thanks!!

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scroll to the very bottom of this page under "Similar Threads". Five threads right there....:D

dtenney

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. I was able to run the front canisters up between the motor and radiator area, just took some pushing and pulling, but they fit without cutting anything.
2. I believe on the Vert you need to cut a hole and then get a plug. On the coupe I installed there was already a plug there above the shock towers. Be sure to take all the carpet out of the trunk and remove fender liners inside wheel wells to see, before cutting. Also you might be able to get the Dodge part number for the coupe plug and then use that same piece on your Vert. Would make for a factory looking install.
3. I always put the helper springs on the bottom, because the top seat area is not as supportive as the lower mount with shock body to stabilize the spring combo.

-David

OP
OP
D

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks David, That was just the info I was looking for!

Funny that as treesnake pointed out I did get 5 decent links from my post at the bottom. However doing a search doesn't even come close to narrowing down a search this well... Guess we need a test/search post area! However it seems some of my questions were still not answered before.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang