Front Belly Pan Install hardware help

WanaGTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I purchased my 2005 SRT-10 with the front belly pan and install hardware completely absent :dunno:

I have located the belly pan with this part #: 05290136AE
However, I don't know which screws, bolts, clamps, or whatever else is needed to actually attach it to the car. Does anyone know where to get a kit or what the part numbers and quantities are that I will need?
You must be registered for see images attach

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll need a bunch of screws. I'm not sure if the parts numbers and quantities I'll list below are 100% accurate, but I came across some of this info in a parts manual I downloaded last year from the Roe Racing website (which now looks like is no longer available).

There are 4 larger holes - those should take the same bolts that are used on the big belly pan that goes under the transmission and differential.

Mopar part number: 06505070AA (should need 4)
Doug Shelby also offers these (in coated stainless steel if I'm not mistaken), so it might be worth contacting him if you don't want to get gouged (~$8 per bolt).

The smaller holes will take a sheet metal type of screw that goes into a speed nut/clip. Make sure those clips are there (hopefully they are).

If so, I think what you need is Mopar part number 06035625. If I'm counting the holes correctly, you'll need 13 of those. You can't really see 4 of the holes because they face forward, but they also hold the front air deflector flaps that sit directly in front of the front tires in place.

A quick search will net you companies that want to charge ~$13 PER SCREW for those - that's asinine. It's a .190"-16 (should be the diameter and thread pitch) x 0.750" long sheet metal screw.

0.190" diameter should be a #10 sheet metal screw.

I often turn to Clips and Fasteners when I'm looking for stuff like that in bulk...these look like the right screw, but without the captive washer and using a different coating (I'm guessing OEM uses a black phosphate coating):

It might be worth giving them a call to see what they might have in stock.

It looks to me like Auveco supplies a lot of OEM screws...might also be worth checking into.

Hopefully somewhat that is a little better informed will chime in.

OP
OP
WanaGTO

WanaGTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was very helpful. Yea, I saw those prices on the mopar site but there are no quantities, dimensions, or supporting hardware mentioned on ANYTHING. I had no idea what I’d be getting if I actually put the screws in the cart.

It’s like complete guesswork trying to figure this out.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hardware is bizarre to me. My car had the bad habit of spitting out the screws around the fenders on the rear for some reason. They look like simple sheet metal screws, so figured not a big deal to replace them. Mopar wanted something like $7 per screw, which is just insane. Went to a local Fastenal and found something pretty close, though had to use a separate washer with in instead of the captive style that was there. No idea why a major OEM would use unique hardware all over the car for simple stuff like that. I'm sure it must be available somewhere else. I'll have to look into that Auveco that Steve mentioned though, never heard of them before. I've done some similar digging in the past for electrical harness stuff like the plastic clips that are taped onto the harness for routing as I have a couple that are broken. I've managed to find them, but can't really order them as the company is a business to business style setup and not really a "buy one or two" as much as a "buy one or two thousand".

OP
OP
WanaGTO

WanaGTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardware is bizarre to me. My car had the bad habit of spitting out the screws around the fenders on the rear for some reason. They look like simple sheet metal screws, so figured not a big deal to replace them. Mopar wanted something like $7 per screw, which is just insane. Went to a local Fastenal and found something pretty close, though had to use a separate washer with in instead of the captive style that was there. No idea why a major OEM would use unique hardware all over the car for simple stuff like that. I'm sure it must be available somewhere else. I'll have to look into that Auveco that Steve mentioned though, never heard of them before. I've done some similar digging in the past for electrical harness stuff like the plastic clips that are taped onto the harness for routing as I have a couple that are broken. I've managed to find them, but can't really order them as the company is a business to business style setup and not really a "buy one or two" as much as a "buy one or two thousand".
Well, at least I don’t feel crazy now. I haven’t had a chance to check under the car yet, but I am very concerned about the speed nut/clips not being present.

If you learn anymore info about these little things or where to source them, I would GREATLY appreciate any sharing.

I suspect I will also need to locate those speed clips. Any advice on those?

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, at least I don’t feel crazy now. I haven’t had a chance to check under the car yet, but I am very concerned about the speed nut/clips not being present.

If you learn anymore info about these little things or where to source them, I would GREATLY appreciate any sharing.

I suspect I will also need to locate those speed clips. Any advice on those?

Apparently the correct term for those clips is "U-nuts".

A quick Google search netted me the following info:

Mopar Part # 00152493

Available here for $5.50 for 4 clips: https://www.viperpartsrackamerica.com/index.php/products/2003-2013-dodge-viper-srt10-u-nut-00152493

It's apparently a common part that's also been used on Dodge Rams: https://parts.chryslerjeepdodgecityofmckinney.com/p/NUT-Front--Rear-Extension/42148528/00152493.html

Clips and Fasteners has many of these U-nuts that fit #10 sheet metal screws: https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/u-clips-nuts-and-fasteners-s/115.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=115&show=45&page=1&search= #10

These look like they would be a pretty darn close fit: https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/10-Screw-Size-Wide-Range-U-Nuts-p/pas5752-50.htm

$5.99 for 50 of them is a little more like it.

I removed one of the screws + clip/U-nuts from my belly pan:

The screw threads are ~0.190" in diameter (peak-to-peak), so they appear to be a #10 sheet metal screw. The screws are 0.75" long (under head length). The captive washers are 0.6110" in diameter, and are 0.047" thick. For reference, the screw head diameter is 0.4865", so the washers aren't all that much wider. The screws take a #2 Phillips head screw driver.

All measurements were taken with my digital calipers.

Here are the U-nut dimensions:

From my rough measurements, it looks like it could accept up to a 0.1550" thick panel. Again, the U-nuts linked above would be a pretty close fit.

The U-nuts likely aren't there - they attach to the carbon fiber belly pan. If the belly pan isn't there, the U-nuts likely went right along with it.

Hopefully that helps at least some.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WanaGTO

WanaGTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently the correct term for those clips is "U-nuts".

A quick Google search netted me the following info:

Mopar Part # 00152493

Available here for $5.50 for 4 clips: https://www.viperpartsrackamerica.com/index.php/products/2003-2013-dodge-viper-srt10-u-nut-00152493

It's apparently a common part that's also been used on Dodge Rams: https://parts.chryslerjeepdodgecityofmckinney.com/p/NUT-Front--Rear-Extension/42148528/00152493.html

Clips and Fasteners has many of these U-nuts that fit #10 sheet metal screws: https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/u-clips-nuts-and-fasteners-s/115.htm?searching=Y&sort=13&cat=115&show=45&page=1&search= #10

These look like they would be a pretty darn close fit: https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/10-Screw-Size-Wide-Range-U-Nuts-p/pas5752-50.htm

$5.99 for 50 of them is a little more like it.

I removed one of the screws + clip/U-nuts from my belly pan:

The screw threads are ~0.190" in diameter (peak-to-peak), so they appear to be a #10 sheet metal screw. The screws are 0.75" long (under head length). The captive washers are 0.6110" in diameter, and are 0.047" thick. For reference, the screw head diameter is 0.4865", so the washers aren't all that much wider. The screws take a #2 Phillips head screw driver.

All measurements were taken with my digital calipers.

Here are the U-nut dimensions:

From my rough measurements, it looks like it could accept up to a 0.1550" thick panel. Again, the U-nuts linked above would be a pretty close fit.

The U-nuts likely aren't there - they attach to the carbon fiber belly pan. If the belly pan isn't there, the U-nuts likely went right along with it.

Hopefully that helps at least some.
I cannot thank you enough for this! Hopefully this helps not only me but others in the future as well. I am very excited to take care of this on the car as the underside of the front bumper has been hanging low for who knows how long!

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot thank you enough for this! Hopefully this helps not only me but others in the future as well. I am very excited to take care of this on the car as the underside of the front bumper has been hanging low for who knows how long!
Please let us know how it turns out, and what it actually takes to get the job done. I'm essentially flying blind by referencing what I know of my Gen 4 and what I can find online...that's no replacement for the ground truth though.

Two other random things that may or may not matter:

1. There's one other type of U-nut referenced in the parts manual: Mopar part number 06504118, which is a U-nut that mates with an M6 x 1.00 bolt. I don't remember seeing any of these when I've had that belly pan off, but if there's something missing when you go to put all this together, that may be part of the puzzle.

They are available here: https://www.viperpartsrackamerica.c...-dodge-srt-viper-u-nut-m6-x-100-06504118-2155

Clips and Fasteners doesn't appear to have a direct replacement, but may have something close enough that would work in a pinch: https://www.clipsandfasteners.com/M6-1-0-Metric-Extruded-U-Nut-Zinc-Organic-p/a22584.htm

Again, these may not be needed.

2. The Gen 4s came with an additional small air dam that gets sandwiched in between the bumper and the belly pan (it sits directly in the center, but does not run the entire width of the front bumper), Mopar part number 68047956AB. I'm not sure if this would also fit a Gen 3, or if it is even needed. Based on the wear mine shows, it is just another low-hanging part that tends to scrape going in and out of some parking lots.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Auveco also appears to be a company that is a business-to-business type of outfit, but if you can find something that looks like it would work on their website, you can simply search for that part number along with "Auveco" in Google and usually come up with quite a few distributors that deal in small-ish quantities (like 10-50 or so) for whatever it is.

As these cars continue to get older, we're going to have to start getting more and more creative. All of this stuff came from somewhere, but without direct access to the people that were intimately familiar with these parts networks, we're going to have to do some digging to fill in some major gaps.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Good to know. Realistically hardware is hardware to some degree, so as long as stuff is "close enough" I tend to think it will do the job just fine. That being said, Mopar did do an excellent job in whatever coatings they picked for the hardware on the Viper, which is likely what makes them special more than the actual threading or length or anything like that. I have 130,000+ miles on my car and the vast majority of the hardware I have on it still shows no signs of corrosion or anything like that. Admittedly the car doesn't see the harsher conditions like road salt and stuff that a lot of other cars see, but it has seen plenty of rain in its life.

OP
OP
WanaGTO

WanaGTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Auveco also appears to be a company that is a business-to-business type of outfit, but if you can find something that looks like it would work on their website, you can simply search for that part number along with "Auveco" in Google and usually come up with quite a few distributors that deal in small-ish quantities (like 10-50 or so) for whatever it is.

As these cars continue to get older, we're going to have to start getting more and more creative. All of this stuff came from somewhere, but without direct access to the people that were intimately familiar with these parts networks, we're going to have to do some digging to fill in some major gaps.
I will be sure to update what I find out as I go. Under closer inspection, I found that someone else in this car's history had the same issue and replaced some of the hardware with what looks like nickel-coated external hexagon screws! I would KILL to know what this car has seen in it's life.
Good to know. Realistically hardware is hardware to some degree, so as long as stuff is "close enough" I tend to think it will do the job just fine. That being said, Mopar did do an excellent job in whatever coatings they picked for the hardware on the Viper, which is likely what makes them special more than the actual threading or length or anything like that. I have 130,000+ miles on my car and the vast majority of the hardware I have on it still shows no signs of corrosion or anything like that. Admittedly the car doesn't see the harsher conditions like road salt and stuff that a lot of other cars see, but it has seen plenty of rain in its life.
I will say this belly panel has been a deeper learning experience than I ever expected. I've never had to research all the different screw designs. Close enough, will work for me lol.

OP
OP
WanaGTO

WanaGTO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As an update:

I have finished ordering everything. It took some digging to find as close to the stock specs that @Steve M so graciously provided. I ordered everything in black, non-corrosive coatings. Here are the parts, where I ordered, and pricing.

Screws and Washers from McMaster-Carr.
Screws: #10, .428" flange diameter
Washers: Fit #10 sheet metal screws (.203" Inner diameter) and .688" outer diameter. Thickness is .030"-.050".
With shipping/tax the total price = $25.13

The u-nuts I purchased from Clips and Fasteners. All the info is in the photo.
Total price incl shipping/tax = $11.94

The four main bolts under the car I just ordered from the dealer at $8.06 per screw. This was partly from ignorance and partly from laziness. I ordered it along with the belly pan itself so not sure on the shipping for just the bolts. Total is $32.24 + shipping.

A grand total of ~$69.31 for all hardware and shipping. You could def trim this down a bit by not buying ANYTHING from Chrysler.
I'll let you know if it all works.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala