2005 Convertible Belly Pan

Gary Dawson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased a 2005 Convertible and I plan to have a 3.55 differential installed very soon. Is there any reason I can't leave the belly pan off of the car for the break-in of the ring and pinion so I don't have to take it off again just to replace the differential lube after the 500 mile mark? It never gets driven in rain or bad weather.

Would it help lower the cabin heat to simply leave it off altogether?

Attachments

• IMG_7655.jpg
    IMG_7655.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 3

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I doubt it would hurt anything to leave it off for a little bit, but pretty sure it's a fairly major part of the aerodynamics of the car. I doubt it would make any real difference in cabin temperatures as if anything I'd expect faster airflow through the tunnel with it installed than without. The only remote concern I might have would be if it might affect the cooling of the drivetrain components in any way because of how it might alter the airflow, but probably not significant enough for just street driving and break-in.

OP
OP
Gary Dawson

Gary Dawson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay thanks for that. I'll follow up if I do notice any significant lowering of the cabin temps. I'm not too worried about aerodynamics as I don't plan to take it to the track and I only drive over the speed limit for that occasional burst. My car is pretty much a garage queen that only gets out on sunny days.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to eliminate cabin heat, get rif of your crossover exhaust and get a good aftermarket set up. In addition, get smaller hi-flow cats. Doing both will make a big difference

OP
OP
Gary Dawson

Gary Dawson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommend. I'll look into exhaust mods this winter when the car will be sitting out the crappy Indiana weather.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21