2005 Viper convertible top

infantrymank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
New to forum and hoping for some help. I may need to purchase a new convertible top for my 2005 viper. I have been searching the internet. Any recommendations on where to find this item at a reasonable price? Thanks

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You might be able to get your existing top recovered. I looked into that a while back on my 04. I had some parts where the heat bond that kept two panels together was starting to come loose. I believe the material is made by Haartz (Twillfast II based on their website search). I talked with a local vehicle upholstery shop about doing it, but never pulled the trigger. I'm pretty sure there was some place I found that you could send it off to and have it recovered, but I can't recall off the top of my head. Long story short, it's probably easier to have it refinished than replaced. Rumor had it that Prefix bought up all the old NOS tops to make the gen 5 Medusa cars (Dodge didn't offer a convertible gen 5, but Prefix did it as a custom option). So finding a new top is probably going to be tough. You could always go salvage as well through a place like Don Scharf (they specialize in Vipers), but then you might be getting something that's no better than what you already have.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala