Motor coming out and upgraded, hints tips suggestions wanted/appreciated

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 02 30,000 mile 5lb Roe Water **** motor is making some low end noises (was making excess crankcase pressure before this) so it time for some rebuild and upgrades... I have Jessel RR, 70mm TB, Headers, Roe blower Vec III. I want to do forged pistons and a cam while it's out but want to know where the money will be best spent ie: head work, more boost ect???
Thank you so much for the input
Kevin

You must be registered for see images attach

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he can do it either way. He has done 3 sets of heads for me and they are awesome!!!! That being said, I am putting a set of Greg Good heads on a TT GTS. It was a Hennessey 650R. I will sell the Hennessey heads. Only reason I replaced them was to get a better flowing head. :D :D

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe he works the ones you send him, but I'd call him. Since you're going forged I would upgrade the pulley to a 8 or 10lb, all depending on your fuel system though. Would also be a great time to do heads as well, but you might have to wait a while for them to be done. Good luck!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes Greg has cores at his shop he can sell you/use for your head-work. You can send him your heads, send him a spare set of heads or use his cores.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think he can do it either way. He has done 3 sets of heads for me and they are awesome!!!! That being said, I am putting a set of Greg Good heads on a TT GTS. It was a Hennessey 650R. I will sell the Hennessey heads. Only reason I replaced them was to get a better flowing head. :D :D

What are the specs on the Hennessey heads? Did you check to see if anything was even done to them cause we all know how things worked back in the day @ that shop

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the specs on the Hennessey heads? Did you check to see if anything was even done to them cause we all know how things worked back in the day @ that shop

I can't be sure by looking, but they have been ported and polished. They have 2.02 intake, and 1.6 exhaust. What else do you need? :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't be sure by looking, but they have been ported and polished. They have 2.02 intake, and 1.6 exhaust. What else do you need? :D

LOL, a think an unconditional 100% money back guarantee would make the sale happen.

OP
OP
K

Knight Viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you, I also talked with Sean Roe today and he was an awesome help and willing to work with the machine shop personally if needed.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like you're gonna beef up the HP. Better get some traction control on that baby. Nobody has ever survived driving a car with that much HP without traction control. They're all dead. And the children, think of the children.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Knight Viper. I talked to you via PM about that NADA duct you have. Anyways, I have tried repling several times, and as of now figured out I was probably doing it wrong. Anyways please email, or call me regarding this. I need it ASAP!!!!

Thanks,

-Tim

[email protected]

231......2.1.5.(3242)

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10PWR has a set of interesting heads in the classified...might be worth checking into since the price is right. Looks like upgraded springs as well.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO....

-High volume oil pump. (Arrow has a new one)
-Get the oil pan with three "ribs" on bottom. Holds more oil than the two "ribbed" pan.
-Weaver crank pulley
-ARP studs
-ACR oil filter adapter. Very hard to find but will give you an extra 12# oil pressure at 5200 RPMs with just this part.
-If ordering pistons, get the ring lands lowered on the piston skirt. This leaves more piston mass at the top. Boost'd cars tend to run hotter and break the corner of the piston which is weakened with ring lands up top. With the rings lower on the skirt they seem to last a little longer.
I learned this the hard way.....:rolleyes:

Like the others have said, you can't go wrong with Greg Good heads. He did a great job porting my Roe Intake....

Unless you can find a set of Strikers.....:headbang:

Good luck with your build but be careful. The "while you're in there" will break 'ya....:crazy2:

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good rods are a must also. I do have some laying around if needed but changed the pistons and rods either way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456