Moving to Chicago, need a new shop

1fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm moving to Chicago from California and need a new shop for my Gen 2. I use Vallaya Racing in San Jose today, but I have no idea what's available in the Chicagoland. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks!

OP
OP

1fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is a gen 2 so it isn't warantee work. I primarily have track prep and performance modifications done to the car.

OP
OP

1fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, good point. I'll be in the western suburbs. We haven't finalized on a house yet so not sure exactly which one.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as you didn't say the eastern suburbs your okay.:D (cause that's where the lake is)

I know a bunch of guys talk good about autowerks. I've never gone there myself as I am southwest of the city and generally take my car to Bill Sampognaro. He's past president of the IL VC and owns a couple of shops in southern burbs.

So what year and make you got? When are you moving here? We have a track date that just became available in beg of oct. interested?

OP
OP

1fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Venom! I have a 97 B\W GTS with a few mods here and there and I'm moving at end of September. I'm absolutely interested in a track date as I'm missing the Viper Days in California becuase of the move. Please send me details!

Thanks,
Nate

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well let me be the first from the the IL VCA to welcome you to the state. Although I've been a member for just over a couple years, it has been pretty apparent from events we have done and trips we have taken that the IL club is one of the most active in the country. Between track events, auto x's and cruises, IL stays really active during the spring, summer and fall. Over the winter there's not too much to do, so the summers need to be jam packed.

It'll be good to see another blue and white in the area. I'll pm you my email. If there is anything you need feel to shoot me a note.

Here is the link for the track event. It's at a private country club called autobahn. It was just built a few years ago and is an awesome track. Over 3.5 miles and more than 20 turns. It'll test you as a driver that's for sure.

http://forums.viperclub.org/illinois/617511-extra-track-day-autobahn-country-club-oct-6th.html