My '08 conv for sale in the classifieds - question regarding?

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I thought you were not supposed to do that (advertise your classifieds here) ... yet I have seen three threads doing so, in the first two pages of the board here (SRT 10 discussion). I do not want to break any rules, but indeed want to let any possibly interested party about my car (of course). Thanks for input and if is inappropriate, moderator please remove. If not, please continue ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moderator Edit. You are allowed to post about a car for sale as long as an ad has been placed in the classifieds here. You have done that. So the folks you mention have not broken any rules nor have you. The accepted way of acknowledging you have placed an ad is to link it in. Then the pesky moderators will leave you alone. Here's the link.

http://classifieds.viperclub.org/showcat.php?cat=52

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2008 Gen 4 < $64k, and an invite to MAKE OFFER ?! This is definitley worth a look.....

Good Luck!

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you both (above). I was unsure of the exact rule, even after re-reading the classifieds guidelines, so I appreciate the clarification.

I would like to sell the car to someone who would appreciate it. I literally look at it in the garage and talk to it (and no, I am not crazy - hehe). I know it is an inanimate object, but what a piece of machinery. I have loved it more than any car I have ever owned - and I have been fortunate enough to have owned some very cool ones in my lifetime. The color is awesome, and has been the best running, least problematic vehicle I've ever had. Granted it has only 4700 miles on it, but not so much as a knob has needed repaired, replaced ... or has even been out of place. This car deserves a good home. My dream car was always a blue, convertible, stick car ... with incredible horsepower, so I have been lucky. It is the first new car I have ever owned.

And thanks again guys, for the info.

Ron

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a sweet color. I sold mine a while back and miss it. GLWS, but if it is your only Viper, I say keep it and keep talking to it. :D :D

Neverenough

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's in good hands Mike, it now has corsas, high flow cats, and a mopar pcm......intake and headers on the way this winter, thanks for keeping her in tip top shape.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that was quick with the mods!! My kinda of guy! Congrats:2tu:

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iron, I wish my stable wasn't full but I don't have any more room. I love the color of it & from what I've heard the 08' model is a good one to get into after a gen II. Also, seems like it has been really well taken care of & low miles to boot, what more could you want. Oh, I almost forgot 64k is negotiable (somebody is going to be VERY Lucky) JMO

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I will be brutally honest (the brutal part for me) ... I would never sell the car in a perfect world. It is my favorite ever. I have no time for it and that fact irks me every time I see it in the morning. It is just too good a car to not be enjoyed. I had two Gen 3's and this car is quite a bit ahead in many regards. I have babied it probably too much, can't even really explain why. But not like I have not pushed it within it's parameters, just no tire-spinning stuff that "could" be tough on tranny/rear. Within the RPM range, it pulls incredibly, especially about 4000+ to 6000. The miles are because of the above, and yes it is negotiable. I have to say - if I were looking, this is the car I would want. If it were my best friend or relative, this is the car I would push them toward. It is super solid in terms of reliable, and near perfect in terms of condition (ex: I have never once run the nose over a curb stone or anything of the like - it is scratchless there, and the rear diffuser, that kind of carefulness). Well thanks again for the note. Please do tell anyone you may know of, they can see for themself how clean it is. I get that call when it is gone how they "wish they had known"...

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats a great price on that car, and after you sell it, every tom dick and harry will tell you they would have bought it for that price- the sheeple are too funny these days

OP
OP
I

iron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I appreciate the perspective (above) ... and that is kind of my sentiment for them. But I think of the individual guy - who does not know of the car ... that would like or want it, buy it, pay a fair price for it, and be happy about having done so - in all regards. And no doubt there are a few out there. I am considering eBay too, for the exposure - though that can be a goofy deal at times too. Again I appreciate all of yours guys' input as it has been very 'spot on'.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I will be brutally honest (the brutal part for me) ... I would never sell the car in a perfect world. It is my favorite ever. I have no time for it and that fact irks me every time I see it in the morning. It is just too good a car to not be enjoyed. I had two Gen 3's and this car is quite a bit ahead in many regards. I have babied it probably too much, can't even really explain why. But not like I have not pushed it within it's parameters, just no tire-spinning stuff that "could" be tough on tranny/rear. Within the RPM range, it pulls incredibly, especially about 4000+ to 6000. The miles are because of the above, and yes it is negotiable. I have to say - if I were looking, this is the car I would want. If it were my best friend or relative, this is the car I would push them toward. It is super solid in terms of reliable, and near perfect in terms of condition (ex: I have never once run the nose over a curb stone or anything of the like - it is scratchless there, and the rear diffuser, that kind of carefulness). Well thanks again for the note. Please do tell anyone you may know of, they can see for themself how clean it is. I get that call when it is gone how they "wish they had known"...
Iron, I really wish you would quit talking about it, it's making me SICK! Really, just disappear never to be heard from again. Just Kidding, I'm SICK now but when you actually do sell it is when I will probably go into withdrawals, never to be heard from again! JMO

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll stop ... seriously was not trying to be smart alec.
Iron, I didn't mean anything by it. I just know when it sells, its gonna really sink in (I have a 4 car garage now & don't think I could convince the wife for 1 more). Under any other circumstances that car would be mine. To Me everything's right about it, just not the timing. Damn it!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iron, I didn't mean anything by it. I just know when it sells, its gonna really sink in (I have a 4 car garage now & don't think I could convince the wife for 1 more). Under any other circumstances that car would be mine. To Me everything's right about it, just not the timing. Damn it!

What the wife don know can't hurt her. "Oh honey, I don't know how that blue viper ended up
In our garage. Santa came early this year?" ;)

V

Venomiss

Good luck with the sale it's a beautiful color.

Someone will have a nice like new Viper in their garage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960