My Dealer is getting vipers next month

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to the dealer today and he told me that he has a new viper scheduled to be completed Dec 14. They then have to ship it. Fingers crossed and he should have it by the end of the year or possibly before christmas. WOW!!

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
REALLY? And we here in Canada are still waiting to get our orders in.

So is that one of the LAUNCH EDITIONS they're getting?

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You think my local dealer will get mad if I go look at one every day till i get mine, even though I am not buying from them? :rolaugh:

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unless its a launch or red car dont hold your breath. i do hope you get it soon. what did you order?

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Launch Editions and the 100 track pack cars will be the first to roll off the line. Most likely no other cars will be out till 2013.

Bruce

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car is a red "marketing" vehicle. I cant believe there is no performance numbers on these car yet and they will be out in a few weeks.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe cause they are red, red is a strikeing color, but im sick of dealers ordering red cars for the showroom, i frankly am sick of red cars in the showroom- old tool, need black for marketing a viper, but what do i know

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i seemed to have located LE #14 and #44 at two of my local dealers. Still not sure when these cars will be in. I sorta like the idea of the 1st 60 release cars before the launch so they can hopefully get any bugs out on those first.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are quite a few cars in D, D1 and even beyond status, but we all forget that all the Chrysler Plants shut down for 2 weeks in December for Christmas . There could be a few Gen Vs out there by the end of the month, but common sense says the Plant shutdown will slow things as it always has.

Rumors are there hopefully will be few in Dealer's hands ,but shipping is slowed also , so likely the cars will go to Dealers or areas that can unload a full Semi.

viperdreamin'

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I stopped at Glendale Dodge in St.Louis. I was excited to hear they had a Viper unspoken for coming in January and it was a black GTS with black rims optioned out to $137,420 I believe. This is exactly what I was looking for......until they told me there would also be a $5000 preemium dealer mark up to help cover the $25,000 tooling cost and mechanic training. I will patiently wait for a year or so until this premium goes away or find a dealer not charging one. But if anyone is willing to pay it, the car was still available as of yesterday........

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lets see, they will make 10 to 15k on the car and make another 5 k mark up. that will make 20 k on one car. so if they get and sell 2 cars they will make 40k. are they going to refund some $$$ to the guys that bought the 2 cars..... not. i dont have a problem with the dealer selling the cars at msrp, but when they want more than that ........ there are lots of dealers that will sell at msrp. get the car from them.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one dodge/chrysler dealer had the balls to tell me that it costs $25k to become an SRT dealership and that they wanted ME to pay the cost of that $25K and then they'd sell me the car. it was a REALLY brief converstaion:lmao:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one dodge/chrysler dealer had the balls to tell me that it costs $25k to become an SRT dealership and that they wanted ME to pay the cost of that $25K and then they'd sell me the car. it was a REALLY brief converstaion:lmao:
I assume they had no intention of selling you the vehicle at cost either :lmao:

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Same thing happened to me here in Vegas too.

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You guys have some really awful dealers down there....up here in Canada (at Wellington Motors anyways) ...we're all treated with respect and consideration! NO BS!!
And we're also given the best deal around...IMHO!!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have some really awful dealers down there....up here in Canada (at Wellington Motors anyways) ...we're all treated with respect and consideration! NO BS!!
And we're also given the best deal around...IMHO!!
Dealer closest to us is pretty big. They have a separate Chevy, Dodge, and Toyota dealerships.

When the ZR1 came out, they had a $25k premium. The SS Camaro was I think 8k premium when it came out.

I have no doubt they will want $20k+ for their allocations.

Which was why my only questions to them when I stopped by was if they can service them :)

kdaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe that's the reason you have to pay to play. Any dealer that is going to pony up 25k to sell Vipers is going to have to WANT to sell them, not just have them around to draw people into the show room.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang