MY NEW 03 ARRIVED LAST NIGHT, OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my new 03 arrived last night in a enclosed trailer holding 5 other cars, at the time it had my viper and 2 others (nothing cool). the driver let me drive it off from the top where it was loaded (now that was cool). i have only put 7 miles on it but wow compared to my 02 rt/10 it was day and night. the new srt's are light years ahead. stayed in the garage just looking at it till 3 am ( LMFAO ) the car is absolutely awesome and i'm glad to be part of the next generation. GEN III'S ROCK :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

TOM

MY 2ND VIPER NEVER TO BE WITHOUT ONE

will post pics soon but it does look like all the other red ones (lol)
just sleeps in a different place!

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Just messing with you. Congratulations on the new Viper! I probably would have been too excited to drive it just like you were. Man I can't wait to experience this!

TOP GUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Wanted,

Congrats, you must feel the best ever. Whenever you notice anything or everything and have a moment, could you specifically list in detail how the Gen III is light years ahead of the Gen II. I am debating between the ACR and the new coupe when it comes out amd I want to see what you notice in these initial weeks after delivery and see if it's worth the premium of 60K CDN.

Thanks and enjoy.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll chime in here. First of all full disclosure. I am a Viper guy. I love all of these cars Gen I, II and III. I am partial to the original body style. Beyond that and in my humble opinion here goes:

1) The SRT rides much better than the Gen II suspension, however I can not comment on the ACR. The car is less demanding of the driver especially during braking and hard acceleration.

2) On that note, both the power and deceleration of the SRT are far superior to stock versions of the early model. The power just doesn't quit and the car provides enough feedback to make you respect it, while still allowing you to break it loose on command. The car throws a wicked smile on my face each time the vertical pedal finds the floor.

3) Interior build quality and components are also upgraded. The seats are more ergo friendly and provide much more lateral support. The stereo is actually enjoyable. The dead pedal provides some welcome leg room for the taller driver.

If I have one detraction from the car it is the return of side pipes. While I find them visually iconic the head which they throw up to the drivers face is a bit much while idle in traffic.

Beyond that and again in my non expert opinion, the SRT is everything I have ever wanted the Viper to be. What a pleasant surprise.

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANK YOU ALL FOR THE NICE COMMENTS. raven fan said it like it is, very well delivered. i to am a true viper fan of gen I, II, and III. i would like to say also that i have never and i mean never driven a car like the srt. after reading post on here for all this time i have never got the impression that the srt was so well defined. i have to say for all who are a viper fan and own one but not a gen III, YOU GOTTA GET ONE. for those thinking about buying a viper, i have owned a gen II, cant speak for the gen I's, save as much as you can and buy the srt, YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. i loved my 02 rt/10 and plan on buying one again but i will keep the srt and upgrade as they continue to improve, which i cant see how except for minor things. if i can be of any help to anyone thinking of buying one please eamil me. one last comment for now, sitting in the srt feels like sitting in a formula 1 to me, the only thing above the top of the door is your head, the seats wrap around you, the dead foot is great to use when going through corners to help brace yourself, the power just doesn't stop, the brakes are awesome. never driven a car that the power just keeps coming and when you need to stop, hang on you'll feel some g's. i just cant believe this car, bad to the bone.

tom :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Snake. I have always liked them from day one.
I need to get a ride in one, one day. I have sat in them and agree, the fit and feel is great.

corseviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wanted

Congrats, I have had the SRT for 6 weeks now and I am still smiling. Enjoy the best American made sports car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960