My New GTS had both the Vec I and Vec II hooked up together

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I just brought my car home and I noticed a black box by my leg called the VEC I, then there was another box under the hood called the VEC II, both of these boxes are hooked up on my Roe Supercharged Viper, the tech guy at Roe just laughed when I told him this, well I just disconnected the Vec I from the ECM and soldered the green wire back to stock, I also ordered the software to program the cards for the Vec II, I dont think the previous owner who installed everything himself did any kind of tune to this car other than a base tune. Has anyone ever heard of running both boxes together?

Adam

Kiaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roe Manual:

Warning, do not stack Vec Modules. Doing so will NOT increase power or tuning abilities.

Boy, imagine trying to tune that thing, especially if you had to disconnect the battery at one time and retune.

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
we'll I pulled the VEC1 wires from the ECM and soldered the green wire back to stock. I stil have to pull the harness out, I have a Roe Racing Air/Fuel meter that quit working upon pulling out the VEC1, I'm assuming this is a cheap gauge that simply taps into the stock 02 output, would that be correct? It has led's that go from red to blue.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that is the guage that worked with the VEC1. Get yourself a good wideband (Wideband commander, Tech Edge, Innovative, etc.) if you are going to be programing yourself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog