My Viper Got A Brother

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper got a 1956 Ford F100 brother! Its a project truck that puked its guts out in the back of the Uhaul truck. Wish me luck with the rebuild. I hope to have it completed by spring :drive:

Attachments

• Viper 1 .jpg
    Viper 1 .jpg
    82 KB · Views: 88
  • Truck 4 .jpg
    Truck 4 .jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Truck 1 .jpg
    Truck 1 .jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Truck 2.jpg
    Truck 2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Truck 3 .jpg
    Truck 3 .jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 81

Slimmach1234

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good luck with the restore. My dad has three of those. He's a 1956 nut!
He has two small window and a big window that he's in the middle of a frame off restoration on.
Are you building a show truck or a driver?

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats awesome, i wish I had three! I will be doing a frame off restoration and painting the frame and bottom of the truck with por15 and use it as a driver. I hope it will be show quality when I am done but I will be driving the heck out of it, I'm in the process of building a performance flathead and will be putting that in when I'm done....its a step back in terms of period correct engines but it is my favorite

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice project! Are we going to see a thread in March asking what color to paint it... or have you already decide? :)

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That will be a fun winter project. I had a 55' back in the day(when I was 16) but always wanted a straight post 56'(much easier to chop):D

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if i hadnt already decided then yes you would have seen a thread lol......it will be satin black with door art, satin blood red interior, old school chrome hubs with blood red rims and wide white walls.......viper red was also in the coin toss but lost

Nice project! Are we going to see a thread in March asking what color to paint it... or have you already decide? :)

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i know its backwards to put a flathead in a 56 as they stopped offering them in trucks in 53 but its one of my favorite engine and about 4 months ago I found a flathead that was on its way to the junk yard, im in the process of rebuilding it and it has no home other that the 56, for me a flathead in the body of a 56 is the perfect combo.....i know I will get a lot of crap for it but I already have a come back for the wise remarks that will confuse the hell out of them "is the engine wrong or the cab" :)

why a flathead in a 56, you should build a cool y block

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy sir! Wish I time for a fun project like that but by the looks of things lately, my daily drivers are my 'project' cars.. :omg:

happy56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flat heads are definately cool have one in my 53 f100, 35 convertable sedan and a v12 flathead in my 38 L/Z. Working on twin carb one for my sons 30 coupe now with an s10 5 speed behind it

OP
OP
J

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow you just made me jealous, thats is a nice collection you got going and a v12 flathead always makes me drop my jaw in amazement

Flat heads are definately cool have one in my 53 f100, 35 convertable sedan and a v12 flathead in my 38 L/Z. Working on twin carb one for my sons 30 coupe now with an s10 5 speed behind it

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery