My Viper search begins...

Lemon_Twist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a new member I thought I would get things started off by posting news of my search. After much contemplation I have decided to take the plunge and seek out a 97-99 GTS. If anyone knows of a one owner, well cared for car that might be for sale somewhere in the great lakes/midwest area, feel free to send them my way. I also have an ad posted in the GTS Wanted section. Trying to do the best I can for low to mid 40's. Thanks! Rod

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mid 40's, you may find a 2000 steel gray, or 2001 w/abs.
good luck and welcome. There's no going back.

Andrew if you see a 2001 in the mid 40s make sure to post a link :)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mid 40's, you may find a 2000 steel gray, or 2001 w/abs.
good luck and welcome. There's no going back.

Not likely.... I know of a HIGHER milage one that still got 50's :)

You find an 01 ABS car for 40's make sure to pm me asap.

To original poster, not splitting hairs, but your not a member, your an enthusiasts (even though i cant spell). Members of Viper Club of America are Viper owners with a paid membership.

Good luck in your search.

Jon

GT40DOC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you find the EXACT one for you, be sure and become a member of VCA, you won't regret it, I assure you. Now, good hunting.

Doc :2tu:

OP
OP
L

Lemon_Twist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the input so far. I will definitely want to join up with the VCA once I have found THE car and elevate myself beyond mere "enthusiast" status. :D Thanks again for all the help. This site has been a great source of information for me.

While on the topic of car shopping, just wondering if I could get your thoughts on a fair price for a low mile (under 4,000) red 98 GTS and a relatively low mile (14,000) red GTS. Both are one owner vehicles with all paperwork and no blemishes.

Cheers!

Rod

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rod, Regardless of the price, red is a nice color and nicer with either a black stripes or white stripes down the center. Check out Tony's (Vipermad) car. Sweet.

BTW, Can you get a 4k mi. 98 for $45k? Sounds a little cheap for a low mi. pristine (at least should be) car. Good luck.

Josh M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck! I was in your same position about a month ago. I ended up finding my GTS at a dealership in the Chicago area. You won't regret it when you do pull the trigger :)

OP
OP
L

Lemon_Twist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, Can you get a 4k mi. 98 for $45k? Sounds a little cheap for a low mi. pristine (at least should be) car. Good luck.

Both 97 and 98 are above the $45K mark. Just wondering how much more would be reasonable.

Thanks

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc