My Vipers have competition for attention

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took a short drive today in my newly acquired '66 Pontiac GTO and was amazed at the attention it attracted. A young guy in a big lifted pickup stopped beside me and said "What a beautiful car you have". Two blocks down the road a middle aged man yelled out "Your car is awesome". It has all matching numbers, a 4 speed and tri-power with everything just as it came from the factory, including the original window sticker - all confirmed by the PHS document. I am just about as excited about getting this car as I was when I got my first Viper. I had one of these when I was in college and beat the hell out of it. This one will obviously be treated with tender loving care. I put some pictures in my gallery. I would post them here if I knew how.

Bob K

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
66GTO_009jpg
66GTO_009jpg
Attempt to post pictures:
66GTO_003.jpg

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a Pretty Car!!:2tu: :headbang: :2tu:

I'd love to have an old muscle car, but I know I'd never be able to leave it anywhere close to stock. It would have to have 'at least' as many cubes as the Viper and absolutely shake the ground!:omg: :drive: :cool: I think I'm better off w/ just the Viper. For now.;)

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is old! And so am I.:smirk:

The GTO started the muscle car era back in the 60's, much like the Viper started the horse power war in the 90's. Both are icons.

Bob K

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the old Pontiacs. GM should have gone that direction with the new "GTO" (quotes because the only thing GTO on the new ones are the badges).

First Strike

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My snake also have much competition, I have a mint condition 1966 Corvette Coupe/BigBlock 427/425 numbers matching. Just as the Viper it gets complements at every stoplight.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking Goat! It makes me sick thinking of the Dozens of old Cars i've owned and Sold. If I only knew back then what they would be worth Now!:omg: :dunno: :(

OP
OP
B

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CTViper,
I hear you. The same thing goes for old guitars. Try to buy a nice clean '57 Fender Stratocaster now for under $60,000!!! Fortunately I had the foresight to buy a bunch of 50's and 60's Fenders a few years ago and then watch them sky-rocket. I wish I had done the same with muscle cars.

Bob K

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456