NayKid Racing report from #3 Viper @ Runoffs

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

It was a helluva battle with JH. I was so stoked to put the SRT10 Viper on the pole with a new lap record and Cindi solidly in the second row and so proud for the Dodge Motorsports/SRT gang and how about those KUMHOS?!?!?!?! Yeah BABY!

Anyway, it was kinda weird on Thursday qualifying cuz we were at the scales with the cars and didn’t make grid in time to go out 2nd in line due to getting held up in tech with weighing the cars right before qualifying. I had to wait and go out after all the cars were gone but it worked well cuz the tires Heinricy uses aren't good until the 3rd lap and the rockin KUMHO’s are ready to rock on the second lap! So by the time I got buckled up and bailed out on to the track I ended up right behind Heinricy and ahead of Knupp right where I was supposed to be anyway! :p

I just set sail behind John and we made our qualifying laps bumper to bumper with john making a mistake and a couple bobbles coming onto the front straight allowing me to nip him by .3

At the start John was sleeping and dropped to 4th place and held up the entire outside line (including Cindi) while croyle (#6 z06) was glued to my bumper through the esses...

I started to lose him by t12 but we had a full course for a blown up corvette on the straight going up to the keyhole which they needed 3 laps to clean up the oil but they left it there of all things which would bite them later,I really don't get why they left it there in the braking zone where cars are tripple digits there... :confused:

When we resumed racing I opened up a gap on the guys for a couple laps while John worked his way past the others to p2, with john about a second back I missed a shift from 2 to 3 completely going into no mans land with the shifter & allowing john to blow by me on the front straight for the lead :( (sorry gang)

From then on it was maintain a gap and just run hard but save a bit for the end, pretty uneventful except for john sliding around a bit now and then and me doing the same now and then, with 3 laps to go I charged hard and got to his bumper :headbang:

The problem was with meon his bumper we came into 10B as I looked to set him up for 13 where the Viper was better but as we came over the hill bumper to bumper there was a debris flag and Icould not see the where the oil in 10b was...

John moved enough off line to miss it and I went right through it and got bigtime sideways dropping me back out of striking distance & killing any chance of a win... :(

Now I have to admit catching him and passing him are 2 very different things as it would have been for him had the positions been reversed... ;)

Even though we checked out on the rest of the field by over a second per lap (3rd place car was 21 seconds back in only 6 green flag laps) the corvette camp insists we never had a shot at a win... Ok... Sounds like the Viper needs a bit more help with a litle less weight or restrictor :2tu:

We did come away with a few good things in our pocket though...

<font color="red">New qualifying record for the Pro &amp; the Club course
New race lap record for the Pro course
First time anything other than a vette driven by Heinricy was on pole led a lap or set a track record at Runoffs
</font>

All in all it was a great week for KUMHO Tire, Dodge Motorsports/SRT &amp; NayKid Racing taking this awesome SRT10 Viper from a cruiser to a podium finisher in 1 season!

Even after getting shuffled back at the start due to Heinricy's mistake Cindi managed to drive her way back up to 5th for the checker less than a second back from 4th and closing fast! So NayKid Racing slams both Vipers into the top 5 in the first season of racing for the SRT10 Viper in SCCA T1! :usa:

We managed to break the strangle hold GM &amp; Heinricy has had on T1 for 5 years in 4 key areas,

· Qualified on pole

· New qualifying lap record

· Led the race from the start

· New race lap record

Just one more thing to accomplish, a mark in the “W” column :2tu:

Thanx so much to all the suport from the <font color="blue">Woodhouse auto Family </font>, <font color="red">Dodge Motorsports, KUMHO Tire, the SRT Division of DCX, CORSA Performance Exhaust,</font> Redline Oil, UPRacing, Mintex Racing Brakes, <font color="orange">Moton Shocks, </font>&amp; MOPAR

sbw :usa:

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice run Scotty, :headbang: too bad you missed that shift :(
would have been good to see if you had Heinrocket beat!
Well 3 new records for the Vipers is not a bad day! :2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang