need 4 post lift for the srt10

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
moving into a new pad that has a 10ft ceiling in the garage. wondering what 4 poster you guys/gals are running? where did you get it and cost?

thank you in advance for your help.

-hrc

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Revolution lift seems to be the lift that most Viper owners use. There was a group buy on them about a month ago. I am still debating whether or not to get one. The local dealer wants $4000 installed, so it is quite a hefty investment. Do you need more parking space or just want to work on your car? I, myself, have plenty of garage space so I don't really need extra parking. From what I can see that is probably one of the few advantages a 4-post lift has over a 2-post lift. A 2-post lift is probably a little easier to work on the car as well as offers unrestricted access to the wheels. 4-post lifts need jacks to to have access to the wheels. However, one problem with 2-post lifts is that they are not as fool-proof as the 4-post lifts. With 4-post lifts you just drive your car onto the lift, whereas with 2-post lifts you have to determine the proper jacking points of the car. If you screw this up, then you will be screwed. :shocked:

Fred Driving School Kinder currently has a group buy on the Bend Pak lifts. They are about the same price and quality as the Revolution.

If those lifts are too much, Ab also had a group buy on a 4-post lift. It was about $1400 cheaper than the Revolution. I believe you can get it for $1850 plus shipping.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Revolution lift seems to be the lift that most Viper owners use. There was a group buy on them about a month ago. I am still debating whether or not to get one. The local dealer wants $4000 installed, so it is quite a hefty investment. Do you need more parking space or just want to work on your car? I, myself, have plenty of garage space so I don't really need extra parking. From what I can see that is probably one of the few advantages a 4-post lift has over a 2-post lift. A 2-post lift is probably a little easier to work on the car as well as offers unrestricted access to the wheels. 4-post lifts need jacks to to have access to the wheels. However, one problem with 2-post lifts is that they are not as fool-proof as the 4-post lifts. With 4-post lifts you just drive your car onto the lift, whereas with 2-post lifts you have to determine the proper jacking points of the car. If you screw this up then you will be screwed. :shocked:

Fred Driving School Kinder currently has a group buy on the Bend Pak lifts. They are about the same price and quality as the Revolution.

If those lifts are too much, Ab also had a group buy on a 4-post lift. It was about $1400 cheaper than the Revolution. I believe you can get it for $1850 plus shipping.

You still posting on this section? When are you getting a s2000 like the rest of us?

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Revolution lift seems to be the lift that most Viper owners use. There was a group buy on them about a month ago. I am still debating whether or not to get one. The local dealer wants $4000 installed, so it is quite a hefty investment. Do you need more parking space or just want to work on your car? I, myself, have plenty of garage space so I don't really need extra parking. From what I can see that is probably one of the few advantages a 4-post lift has over a 2-post lift. A 2-post lift is probably a little easier to work on the car as well as offers unrestricted access to the wheels. 4-post lifts need jacks to to have access to the wheels. However, one problem with 2-post lifts is that they are not as fool-proof as the 4-post lifts. With 4-post lifts you just drive your car onto the lift, whereas with 2-post lifts you have to determine the proper jacking points of the car. If you screw this up then you will be screwed. :shocked:

You still posting on this section? When are you getting a s2000 like the rest of us?

Yeah, just trying to postively contribute unlike some of the other people around here. The S2000 will be coming soon; I'm just waiting for DC to release the upcoming, ZO6 anhilating, Fuschia Mamba with 50 additional HP from the 2-tone fuschia/white interior.

Reaction score
H,
Contact Fred Kinder here on this site...or AB. Both have some good options, with varying features and prices. Plenty to choose from between the two. :)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excuse the bad quality, but this is a picture of my lift from AB's VCA buy. I also have a 10ft ceiling.
1882photo_118.jpg

1882photo_117.jpg

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having one put in my house in about 2 weeks... 1hp, 7k rated, USA made. Got the diamond cut low profile ramps and drip pans... $2400 installed. Did a lot of research. One thing to check is to make sure the welds are ANSI certified. Don't buy the cheap lifts coming from China... Check with your insurance company too. Going up?

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having one put in my house in about 2 weeks... 1hp, 7k rated, USA made. Got the diamond cut low profile ramps and drip pans... $2400 installed. Did a lot of research. One thing to check is to make sure the welds are ANSI certified. Don't buy the cheap lifts coming from China... Check with your insurance company too. Going up?

Steve-

Can you please provide a link to the lift you are buying? That seems to be a pretty good deal.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a local guy I'm using who buys the lifts out of Texas. ( http://www.rhilifts.com/) You'll notice a viper in the web site. He used the one we rent for that photo shoot. I'll try to get the mfg. info for you guys if you need it. He's putting it in this Sunday.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I have pricing for is 3 lifts, all 4 post just w/diff track lengths, lift height and dist between posts. (2600 - 3000) I think he lists the maker of the lift in his website. Told me it'll take him 3 hours to complete by himself.....

Reaction score
Here are some pictures(http://norcal.viperclub.org/gallery/04262005LiftEvent/index.html) of the BendPak HD-9XW installation event in No. CA. This HD9-XW is an extended lift to accommodate my RAM Quad Cab as well as the Viper. The HD-9 is a good size for a Viper home lift. These are commercial quality and tested to commercial standards. Revolution and BendPak are the world leaders in automotive lift manufacturing. Ca. VCA members can have the HD-9 delivered and installed(by BendPak) for a little less than $3,000.00. This is a special program for the Viper Club. And there are many other lower cost lifts such as those AB organizes.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
does anyone one have any info on double wide lifts. Any links would be nice. I think that it should be cheaper to buy one double wide than two regular lifts.

please advise

vd..

OP
OP
Q

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the web site for the revolution lifts? who did you guys get to install your lifts?

i am getting it for extra parking space.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what is the web site for the revolution lifts? who did you guys get to install your lifts?

i am getting it for extra parking space.

Here is the thread on the Revolution Lift group buy:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=513996

My guess is that Jerry could help get you a better price and maybe even start up another group buy. There are at least four of them in our local club now and they are VERY well built. Generally the local VCA guys get together and have them installed and ready to go in a few hours - with beer and pizza the only charge for labor. ;) Hope this helps!

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's 9'5". I had a large light hung from the ceiling that's right over the car so take away 3" from that and it still fits. Clearance depends on the vehicles you have. Basically, take the 2 vehicles height and add 8". Here's one with the door down from inside.
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte