Need a good mechanic in the Metro Detroit Area for Gen I? Anyone?

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased my first Viper in April, a 1994 RT/10. The car has 20,000 miles on it. It has had regular oil changes (I have the records), but nothing else. According to the owner's manual, the radiator, brake, clutch, transmission, and differential fluids should all be changed along with the spark plugs because of the age. I'm assuming this would cost $$$$$$ at a Dodge dealership. I took the car to a mechanic that my family has used for years, but he does not have a low profile lift to get the car up in the air to look at it. I'm mechanically inclined, but do not have a ton of auto repair experience. Are any of these maintenance items easy to perform without a full mechanics tool box? Otherwise, can anyone recommend a shop near Royal Oak, MI? Thanks.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are going to pay through the nose to have these very simple things done. Dick Scott Dodge is the only place anyone im Michigan trusts their Viper to. Rod Harris is the service mgr.

I have a lift at my house. Come over and I'll show you how and what to buy. Send me your phone number. I've done this for 2 other members.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What part of Michigan are you in? I know of someone on the east side (Clinton Twp) who is very good.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Royal Oak, but work in Clinton Twp. Anywhere in Metro Detroit area would be feasible.

I drive all the way from Saginaw to Dick Scott Dodge in Plymouth for service if that tells you anything.

Yes, change all the fluids ASAP. Also spark plugs, wires, O2 sensors, and do a throttle body sync. When you get done, it will feel like you gained about 50 HP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960