Need a GTS Gen2

koskiller

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I'm back on a hunt for a GTS gen2 viper, but before I pull the trigger I just want to get an idea of what service requirements are on vipers.

Are they belt driven or chain?

how often do the cars need serviceing? mileage? fluid changes etc??

anyother major failure points on these cars that need to be addressed to make them work well?

Is a PPI customary on purchasing these cars?

I'm sure this has been discussed many times before on this forum but I can't seem to find much.

Thanks everyone!!!

zracer196

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy cow...You have a lot to learn...

GREAT cars, not expensive to maintain as far as an "exotic" or sports car goes...

But you need to look...There is a CRAZY amount of info on this...Also do a search for Viper Book (don't remember the name of it)...I did this and bought one. You will learn a TON right there.

Good luck!

You picked a GREAT car to buy!

V

Venomiss

Use the search at the top and there are pages of information on many threads that will pop up. Like this one:

http://forums.viperclub.org/new-owner-questions/619097-potential-repair-costs-owning-96-97-gts.html
and this one:
http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/605662-best-viper-years.html

Purchase one of these if you haven't already.
Viper Buyers Guide

Be sure and look in the pages of the new owners questions at the top.
Many of the questions are in there already-happy reading.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, get the Vipers Buyers Guide. Was written by the VCA founder, Maurice Liang. REALLY good book. I studied it for a few weeks before I got mine and let me tell ya, it had me up to speed on pretty much everything I needed to know for when I started inspecting Vipers. WELL worth the $20 or so.

Good luck with the search! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC