Need a pic of a red Gen 2 RT w/red calipers

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a faded LH front caliper and debating having them painted red vs. going back w/the stock black. I know pics are out there somewhere, but does anyone have a pic of a red Gen 2 RT/10 with red calipers? Phil, I promise I searched 1st, but no luck! :) Since I don't have side exhaust, I'd like to see a pic of a Gen 2. It'd be even better if its a RT/10 with the 5 spoke wheel design vs. the 99-02 design. TIA!

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have them powder coated, I'm sure you have someone local that can do it. Its pretty cheap, I have mine going in next week at the cost of $90 for the pair. Call around, the first place I contacted quoted me $250 :crazy2:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
have them powder coated, I'm sure you have someone local that can do it. Its pretty cheap, I have mine going in next week at the cost of $90 for the pair. Call around, the first place I contacted quoted me $250 :crazy2:

is the guy disassembling them for that price too ?

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...not exactly what you asked for, but since nobody else has stepped up yet...a couple that I stole since I like their wheels...

RedSnake...

You must be registered for see images

Dave...

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, this might be a lame question, but how can you keep the stock calipers...but make them red? Is there a place that does powder coating and is it an exchange program or do they powder coat your calipers?

Also, I noticed that only the rear calipers have" Viper" on them. Is that the case with other members' cars? Mine is a '98.

Thanks!:headbang:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
R&J does powdercoating of the calipers. Not sure if they rebuild them since they take them completely apart.

Also try PMing Iforgedealer. He does custom paintwork work on the calipers too.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Also, I noticed that only the rear calipers have" Viper" on them. Is that the case with other members' cars? Mine is a '98."

On my '01 only the front calipers had Viper on them, not the rear as on your '98. That's weird. But of course with SRT brakes all mine say Viper now.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Ken! I just wanted to see what a red car looked like w/red calipers. Your pics are great! Dave and RedSnake...nice cars! :D

"Also, I noticed that only the rear calipers have" Viper" on them. Is that the case with other members' cars? Mine is a '98."

On my '01 only the front calipers had Viper on them, not the rear as on your '98. That's weird. But of course with SRT brakes all mine say Viper now.

+1. I can't think of any Gen 1 or 2 that had "Viper" (or anything else) on their rear calipers. The rears are those pathetic "stolen from a Lotus" calipers thats the size of a SRT parking brake.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops, sorry, I stand corrected! Just checked and it is the front calipers that has Viper on them.

Must have been facing the wrong way when I was looking at them!:rolaugh:

Now that I think of it, the back calipers are pretty lame looking! Don't think I would want them to be red. Looking at the GTS pictures above, it looks like the rears also have Viper on them, is that right? If so, what rears are on that car?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a beautiful GTS, mods are tastefully done and certainly the combination of rotors/calipers and wheels adds greatly to the beauty!:2tu:

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Made me go check mine.My 99 GTS has Viper on both front and back,and the 94 only on the front.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just so I have it straight, all Gen I and II's only had the word Viper on the front calipers? Did they change the brakes for the Gen III/IV's and have it on the rear's also?

Thanks.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remembered that you may have the sheet metal caliper covers on a non abs car on the rear. A decorative non functional part aside from the curb appeal factor. They say Viper and make the ugly rears look like the fronts.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the red rear caliper covers and love them. I have the SRT10 6 Spoke and did not even have to remove the wheel to install, I am upgrading to Toms rear 40mm calipers and they come with the covers so I will have a spare set if you are interested. I am also having my front and rear calipers powdercoated viper red, and installing slotted and dimpled rotors and new ss lines, it is a great alternitive and improved performance over stock to an expensive big brake upgrade that most drives will not need :drive:

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Chad,

I had Red powdercoated calipers on my GenI... Here's a couple of pics, they were under stock 5 spokes, also had Tom's Red Covers on the rear...

You must be registered for see images attach

Went down this route on the GTS... AWESOME Difference!

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just found this pic whilst putting the others up...
Can you guess who this is?

:D

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, you are right first time... Baz

Re the other comment... Yeah, didn't realise that til I came to fit the Stoptechs on the GTS... Oops!

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nobody panic... Just had a look, figured it was unlikely we would have done it wrong... Looks like EBC discs are suggested to go that way round

chnco

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll snap some pics of my red brembos tomorrow Chad.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets