need help in finding a car transport company

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am in the process of purchasing a 97 blue/white GTS and need some help in finding a company to transport the car from Maryland to Washington State. I initially had three major criteria. #1) A company I could trust with my dream car, #2) price, #3) how quickly they could get the car to me. I have contacted a couple of companies and they are giving me 3-4 week times. I expected 7-10 days, but not quite that long. I have now deleted the price portion of my criteria and am willing to pay the extra money to get the car to me sooner. If anyone knows of a quality company that could get the car to me in a more effecient manner please let me know. I am realistic and know that the car is going from one coast to the other, but this gorgeous weather we are having is killing me. I will be becoming the owner of the car this coming week. Thanks in advance for any help and I am looking forward to becoming part of the VCA.

Ryan

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used Horseless Carriage out of NJ. They have been around for many many years. It took about 10 days or so once I placed my order. Delivered during early winter in bad weather. Car arrived with no flaws. Driver stayed in constant contact with me once he picked up my car from the dealer. A+++ service. Would use again. I tipped the driver $100 for keeping me in the loop and backing the 52 ft trailer to my driveway in tight confines with snow and ice.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im interested in a transporter as well. i dont have enough time (two weeks) to do a complete roundtrip cross country drive this year so im thinking of transing my bucket out to my friends place in huntington beach and driving it back home; kinda a one way trip on old route 66 (after a vegas stop of course, LOL)

CincyKen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan,
I went with "Intercity Lines".........800-221-3936.
They were excellent, professional and really took great care of my Viper.
They brought my Viper from San Diego to Cincinnati, Ohio in 6 days. Cost was $1450.
I would definitely use them again.
Ken <font color="blue"> </font>

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, nice to meet ya, tell your parents they have good taste in names, and you have good taste in cars, right down to the year. Now tell us it's a Blue/White and you can add to our forces to take on pesky Yellow owners. EDIT- it is Blue/White, nice, I'm 613, what's your VIN?

This guy business is perfect. You deal with the owner, Fred. He gives you his cell and the driver of your truck's cell and can call them whenever you want. It's awesome when the days are going by and your wondering what the deal is.

Trucks have hardwood floors, and I used an option to let the car ride around the country for a while to save I think 3 or 4 hundred, as it was in the winter time, don't think you'll like that idea.

Freddy'sShop

delivery went flawless and the truck rolled into town the night before promised, leaving no room for error. How a business should be run.

I plug them enough if they ever IPO I want in.

Good luck,

melzer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
cruser,

Unfortunately, this is the busy season for car transporters. I just had my '96 RT delivered from San Antonio, Texas to the east coast last Friday. Currently, the lead time to pickup by most carriers will be around 2 weeks from placing an order, plus another 7 days or so road time (depending on shipping distance).

I also recommend Intercity Lines, they deliver on schedule and have all the right equipment to do the job right. You might be able to work something out with a quicker delivery schedule if you're willing to pay a premium. After all, money talks.

Here is the contact info for Intercity Lines.......good luck to you!

contact Bob Sellers at (800) 221-3936 x103

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Try John Van Dam trucking at 815-342-3002 ----- you can eat off the floor of his trailer.

also:

Mak's Auto Transport
309-824-9160 Steve Davis
Base number 309-432-3861

We normally use our own driver's , but we have had very good luck with these two gentleman, and they both are used to transporting Vipers.

OP
OP
C

cruser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info everyone!! It looks like I will be busy this afternoon making calls.

Thanks again

Ryan

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad