Need Help Please!

RT66_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm completely frustrated with my 94 RT10 factory ALARM!
What a P.O.S.

Lately the alarm arms itself while driving (must be a short) and constantly
shuts itself down (Fuel injection shut-off) next time I try to start it.
I have to disconnect the Hot Lead and let the CPU reset each time.

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO REMOVE THE FACTORY ALARM COMPLETELY!
I'll get a sticker that says "This snake is protected by Smith & Wesson"

At least, I'll be able to drive it, without wondering if it's gonna start next time.

I'll send $,BEER or whatever way....Thanks

Built 2 Go

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Step by step directions are in the Viper manual. You need to follow the steps "exactly" or the car will not start. There are two modules that need to be disconnected. You could also go to a trusted Viper tuner or mechanic and they should be able to do it, if you elect not to tackle the project.

I had the very same problem on my 93 and it was driving me crazy. I unhooked my alarm module under the dash. However, the Viper would not start. I reconnected the wires and then it started. I then read the instructions throughly and found out that there was two alarm modules and followed the instructions exactly. Bingo, I have never had a problem since.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
R

RT66_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Step by step directions are in the Viper manual. You need to follow the steps "exactly" or the car will not start. There are two modules that need to be disconnected. You could also go to a trusted Viper tuner or mechanic and they should be able to do it, if you elect not to tackle the project.

I had the very same problem on my 93 and it was driving me crazy. I unhooked my alarm module under the dash. However, the Viper would not start. I reconnected the wires and then it started. I then read the instructions throughly and found out that there was two alarm modules and followed the instructions exactly. Bingo, I have never had a problem since.

Best of luck.

Thanks,

I saw the two modules under the dash, I disconnected one of them, This car also had a VIPER Alarm system in addition to the Factory alarm. The VIPER alarm
has a sensor if you reached in the car. It would talk to you.
I Thought the second module was to the aftermart alarm and disconnected it.
At least is doesn't talk anymore. But ever since I disconnected this alarm
the factory Alarm has been intermitent.
HMMM - U got me thinkin - now....

I'll try hookin that second module back up.

OP
OP
R

RT66_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HMMM,

Took the dash and console out last night, disconnected the
keyless entry module at the connector. That disabled the Factory Alarm for now. The aftermart VIPER alarm is disconnected. I'll try driving tonight.
Started it multiple times (over 20) the vehicle Theft module
doesn't seem to care that the keyless module is disconneted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery