Need Help with a Christmas gift for a little girl

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know this is not the place to ask...but I am in need of help.

I adopt a family every year for Christmas, and the one that I have this year has a little girl who wants the Wii Console with the Wii game Guitar Hero III. I managed to snag the Wii console, and thought I had the game but just got an e-mail from Sears (the only place that has not jacked the price up to double what the game should cost) that they cannot fill the order..which ***** ass big time.

I would hate to come up short on this...so if you see or can snag this game for me you would not only be helping me but what seems to be a cool little girl as this is all that she has asked for. She will get more than this...but I want to try to take care of this so that she gets at least what she wants. PM me if you think you can help, I will take care of ya as well!

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How old is she? I would also look at it like this...if they are a need family is buying a Nintendo going to benefit her over the course of her life?
MHO...I have a niece that is 6, all her family does is play video games, her parnets keep her inside most of the time and she has no interaction with other kids. needless to say she has poor social skills!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good for you Angleiron!!! That is a heck of a gift and I am sure that little princess will be more than appreciative of your generousity.

OP
OP
A

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How old is she? I would also look at it like this...if they are a need family is buying a Nintendo going to benefit her over the course of her life?
MHO...I have a niece that is 6, all her family does is play video games, her parnets keep her inside most of the time and she has no interaction with other kids. needless to say she has poor social skills!

I am told that she is 10 years old. This is not about how her parents may raise her...because I am sure that a family in need might not be experiencing good things anyway. This is about (to me) trying to make a little girls Christmas special by getting her what she wants from Santa. I do this (as I always have) in hope that when they grow up and find out that someone did this for them...that they will do the same for someone else. It is my Christmas present to me to do this each year...and I spend whatever it takes to get them the coolest thing going so they can feel like the other kids...normal. Until you do it...it is hard to explain.;)

Kmrumedy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a very nice thing for you to do.

There are over 1600 copies of this game for Wii available right now on ebay from reputable sellers.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called or went to 10+ stores. Not a single Guitar Hero for the Wii :( Best Buy said they'd be getting 18 more copies on the next truck, which should be there in 3-4 days. It's a couple more stores on the other side of town I can try, but I'm not holding out much hope. Ebay may be the way to go

UPDATE: I think I found one!! I'm leaving now. I'll let you know for sure in an hour or so

Last edited:

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I struck out everywhere within a 20 mile radius of me...

Maybe Chad will have better luck... :)

viperchick12

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good job Chad... :)

Someone else on the viperalley forum was looking for one too... I sent him your info

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Way to go all of you. I'm sure you'll all be enjoying a great Xmas as well.

Ted

OP
OP
A

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:headbang: :headbang: Got one!!:headbang: :headbang:

Angle--PM sent.

For anyone else who needs one, the Wal-Mart I found it at had 2 left. LMK QUICK and I can try to get them as well.

Chad,

I am almost without words to tell you how much I appreciate that you did this...as I was worried there for a bit that I might come up short. This is what Christmas is supposed to be about, and I appreciate everyone who took the time and effort to help me out on this. If there is one thing that I can share with you about why I do this...maybe then you can appreciate what I do it and why I spare no expense in doing so.

I grew up having a great Christmas every year, getting the cool toys, etc. So this Christmas morning as in the past 7 when I am sitting in my living room and everyone is openeing their presents I will be sitting back imagining that there will be a little girl who won't be able to sleep because Santa was coming, a little girl that will wake up maybe around 3:30am like my kids used to, maybe she will sort everyones presents and stack them in a pile by whom they belong to like my daughter used to while shaking them to try to figure out what it is that might be in them,...sneaking into the bedroom every 15 minutes to see if you are up yet so they can open their presents.

Chad, you now can do the same...so come Christmas morning just sit back with a little smile and feel good about yourself because you helped out not only me...but a 10 year old little girl who will get everything that she asked Santa for. Gob Bless Man!:2tu:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kids words! For the past several years, I've become a person who would much rather make someone else smile than get a lot of cool Christmas stuff myself. Seeing your post made me really want to find the game and help put a smile on that child's face :) I was soooooo happy when I found it! Its going to be a lowkey Christmas this year for me, so you better bet I'll think about her on Christmas morning and that will improve my Christmas greatly. It was mailed out today so you should have it in a couple days!

OP
OP
A

angleiron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kids words! For the past several years, I've become a person who would much rather make someone else smile than get a lot of cool Christmas stuff myself. Seeing your post made me really want to find the game and help put a smile on that child's face :) I was soooooo happy when I found it! Its going to be a lowkey Christmas this year for me, so you better bet I'll think about her on Christmas morning and that will improve my Christmas greatly. It was mailed out today so you should have it in a couple days!

Send me your address when you can!

And thanks again!:D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SO Chad...what does the little boy in you want for Christmas???? Besides the obvious.

I really can't think of anything that I'm dying to have. Maybe Santa will bring some ******* giftcards. Oh wait, thats falls into your "besides the obvious" category :D

Send me your address when you can!

And thanks again!:D

PM sent with address and tracking info on the game

Chad, the next Yard-O-Margaritas are on me the next time you visit!! Nicely done...nicely done.

Hard to say no to that deal :) . We also have to go to the Channelside *******. We've been to Channelside twice and havent ate there yet! :omg: