NEED help with window indexing/window binding issue...PLEASE

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

My issue is that my driver's side window sounds like it is binding when it goes up fully. It goes up and down ABSOLUTELY fine, but when it hits the last 1/2", or so, of travel (as it runs itself up into the weather stripping channel) it makes a fairly loud binding noise. It also makes a binding or creaking noise if the window is up all the way and I'm driving around over bumps or rough road patches. Almost sounds like it is trying to go too far up.

I have tried doing window indexing fixes and it SEEMS like it will get fixed for a few cycles, but then it reverts to its problem. The problem manifests by not allowing the window to drop down a 1/2" like it's supposed to when you go to open the door. Then, obviously, you can't then close the door again because the glass will hit the roof.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? I have tried using some dry aerosol weatherstripping lube and that seemed like it really couldn't take away the binding sound. Any help would be MOST appreciated!!!!!

THANKS!!!!
Christian

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My issue is that my driver's side window sounds like it is binding when it goes up fully. It goes up and down ABSOLUTELY fine, but when it hits the last 1/2", or so, of travel (as it runs itself up into the weather stripping channel) it makes a fairly loud binding noise. It also makes a binding or creaking noise if the window is up all the way and I'm driving around over bumps or rough road patches. Almost sounds like it is trying to go too far up.

I have tried doing window indexing fixes and it SEEMS like it will get fixed for a few cycles, but then it reverts to its problem. The problem manifests by not allowing the window to drop down a 1/2" like it's supposed to when you go to open the door. Then, obviously, you can't then close the door again because the glass will hit the roof.

Any thoughts on how I can fix this? I have tried using some dry aerosol weatherstripping lube and that seemed like it really couldn't take away the binding sound. Any help would be MOST appreciated!!!!!

THANKS!!!!
Christian

Hi Christian,

Your problem is a broken window regulator. The plastic outer case has split or broken. I have a splice kit to repair most broken regulators and you don't have to remove the regulator to repair it. Please let me know if I can be of help?

Best regards,
Doug 954-434-9356

OP
OP
C

CSTER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Doug,

Do you think the regulator is shot even though the windows go up and down without any issue at all? I thought all the posts I had read about regulators going bad had symptoms like juddering and making noise while operating and such? Does your kit require door panel removal I assume?

Thanks man. Maybe we can talk tomorrow?

Christian

Reaction score
Hi Doug,

Do you think the regulator is shot even though the windows go up and down without any issue at all? I thought all the posts I had read about regulators going bad had symptoms like juddering and making noise while operating and such? Does your kit require door panel removal I assume?

Thanks man. Maybe we can talk tomorrow?

Christian

Hi Christian,

My best and experienced guess is that the regulator track is broken. The motor is fine but the track is broken. Sometimes you can verify it by lowering the window and looking inside the TOP of the door with a flashlight when slightly opening and closing the window. You may be able to see the outer white plastic move incorrectly.

With my repair kit you will indeed need to remove the door panel but you can install it with the regulator in the door. You are more than welcome to call if you need my help!

Best regards,
Doug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery