Need new 3" Mufflers on my Random Technolog Exhaust- What's the best sound out there?

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I know there's the "Official Exhaust Clip" thread but after looking at 12 pages I'm no further along in my decision making than before

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/622540-Official-Exhaust-Clip-Thread!!!?highlight=exhaust+clips

Here's what I have

Modded 96RT10 - 490/520 @ wheels so not stock

As far as the exhaust system

Edelbrock headers - No cats and Random technology's 3" Cat back (rear is a crossover - no muffer)

So the only muffler it has is the one supplied by RandomTech that is in the side sill (24" long 20" Body 6" Dia glass pack)

I installed it all new back in 2005 and have since put about 35k on it.

I actually loved it when it was new but what has happened over time is the mufflers (what there was of a muffler) are totally gone and the sound has changed some (even louder) and I'm getting that sooty like spit on the back of my white car that I'm getting tired of cleaning. I know it's just condensation & exhaust deposits and since it's pretty much a straight pipe car that's why the spitting is going on.

Anyway I'm limited to a 3" Inlet 3"outlet 24" length - Muffler could be longer as I could cut the pipe shorter leading into the mufflers

Any experience out there ? I don't want it necessarily quiet but I'm currently at annoyingly loud and the spit has got to go

OP
OP
V

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need new 3" Mufflers on my Random Technolog Exhaust- What's the best sound out th

Forgot to mention it has to be stainless as well

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need new 3" Mufflers on my Random Technolog Exhaust- What's the best sound out th

I was just going to direct you to the Official exhaust clip thread :( Looks like you have that covered :(