Need new tires for 1996 GTS

saws

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought my 1996 GTS and it needs new tires. Has aftermarket 19 inch rims with 30 series. Any recommendations between Continental Contact Extreme Sport, Michelin Pilot Sport and Pirelli P-Zero? It currently has Pirelli P-Zero tires.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on how you are going to use the car and what is in stock and what price.
Do stock and price search then get back to us.

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call JonB. That aside, for typical street driving any of those will do just fine. If youre reaching the handling limits of the tires on the street trying to get that last 2% in performance, youre probably driving too fast anyway. Michelin being the best, Conti and Pzero are probably similar. I'd go with whichever is available and the best deal.

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Extreme Conts are a very good tire. R888Rs are better for corners, but all around Contis

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought my 1996 GTS and it needs new tires. Has aftermarket 19 inch rims with 30 series. Any recommendations between Continental Contact Extreme Sport, Michelin Pilot Sport and Pirelli P-Zero? It currently has Pirelli P-Zero tires.
P Zeros last maybe 8-9k miles: I used them exclusively on an older Porsche.

Michelins last 15k miles (all Pilot Sports, but not the Cup 2 version!). I only put Michelins on my Viper. There is a new version, the 4S, very nice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21