Need some help

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I cant lock my 2000 gts car doors it was working fine and then about 5 minutes later it stopped, so I decided to change the battery in the key fob and still nothing, I was wondering if there is a way to reset it so I can lock my car or if there is something else I can do.

Thanks Jeff

OP
OP
V

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Never mind I figured it out, by holding down both buttons on the key fob it reset it and now works. I really need to purchase a owners manuel.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because the wireless codes of the alarm system constantly change and if you don't use your fob for a couple hundred times it will be out of synch and need to be synchronized again.

If you've be using the same fob then there must have been an electrical voltage spike of something that caused the alarm and fob to go out of synch.

Other thing it could have been could be the buttons got pushed at the same time for a few seconds. Like being in your pocket while sitting down?

Ted

OP
OP
V

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Because the wireless codes of the alarm system constantly change and if you don't use your fob for a couple hundred times it will be out of synch and need to be synchronized again.

If you've be using the same fob then there must have been an electrical voltage spike of something that caused the alarm and fob to go out of synch.

Other thing it could have been could be the buttons got pushed at the same time for a few seconds. Like being in your pocket while sitting down?

Ted

Only thing I can think of is I hit the lock button then a few seconds later hit the unlock to get my classes out of the car. Thanks for all the info.

OP
OP
V

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well today must be my day for viper problems. Took a run to the gas station and noticed my temp gauge was reading 250 and this was before I even moved the car so I turned the car off and it only falls to the second line above 100, has anyone ever had a problem like this and is there any way to check if its the gauge and not something else.I have heat checked that.

Thanks Jeff

V

Venomiss

First-
Have you checked your coolant?
Air in the system perhaps-there is a way to burp your system.

Others will chime in. Be sure to use the search too.:)

OP
OP
V

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First-
Have you checked your coolant?
Air in the system perhaps-there is a way to burp your system.

Others will chime in. Be sure to use the search too.:)

Yes checked the coolant and now trying to locate the temperature sensor.

OP
OP
V

vipergtspa

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I called chuck thanks to venomiss he was a big help and awsome guy to deal with, he told me it was a temperature sensor which is a common problem with the gen2 cars and got me hooked up with one and also told me some other great info on my car thanks so much chuck and venomiss.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you put in an OEM Mopar sensor. I replaced mine at a local auto parts store that said it was aftermarket/same thing. It wasn't. Wrong voltage readings told pcm my car was warmed up when it was cold and when it was warmed up pcm thought I was running about 240 degrees. Result was rich a/f, ******** timing, etc (safety mode??).
Moral: spend the extra $30 and get Mopar sensors!!:2tu: