Need tire recomendations

RVW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to replace the tires on my 2006 Viper. Currently I have the Michelin Pilot Sports ZR. What would be the best all around tire? This car is just driven on the street and as long as I own it it will never be on the track. Looking to drive it from Michigan to Florida this fall.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michelin Super Sports best all-around tire.
I agree. Although I never plan on using them, because I don't drive on the street except for the commute to the track!......The Nitto Invo is also a great street tire, and they are way cheap. Have used 3 sets on the Viper, and currently have them on my Corvette. Love them for the street. -smooth and quiet.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Law suit?! What happened, did some dilhole wreck his car and blame it on the tires?!

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Law suit?! What happened, did some dilhole wreck his car and blame it on the tires?!
Yes. The claim was 'unintended oversteer'. Can you believe it? On a 500+ HP car without traction control, you can blame your wreck on the tires and sue the tire manufacturer. -and win. So Kuhmo dropped the 345/30-19 size. -all that size fits is rear Viper 2003 and later.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.viperpartsofamerica.com...t-set-for-2003-2010-viper-275-35-18-345-30-19

I was going to tell you Nitto Invos as that is what I'm runing and they are significantly less costly than the Michelins....... Especially if you are not tracking your car, the Nittos are great tires for the street and get it done.....

That...............until I saw this deal on VPA. That is a pretty smokin' deal for the Michelins.... (only $100 more than the Nittos---you should take advantage of this deal!!)

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pilot Sports/Super Sports best option.
budget tires: BFG KDW's. I put these on last year and are great on street, rain, etc.
Just found out at VOI they **** at the drag strip and not so good on road course or auto-cross.
I'm going back to PS's from here on out.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pilot Sports/Super Sports best option.
budget tires: BFG KDW's. I put these on last year and are great on street, rain, etc.
Just found out at VOI they **** at the drag strip and not so good on road course or auto-cross.
I'm going back to PS's from here on out.
BFG KDW's are not available in 345/30-19. Gen I and II sizes only. The 2003 and later cars just don't have the choices that the older cars have.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front tire size fits other junk as well so there are lots of choices. But 345/30-19 is only Michelin PS2, PS2-ZP, Pilot Sport Cup, Pilot Super Sport,... Nitto Invo,... Hoosier R6, A6,....Kuhmo Ecsta XS (discontinued).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187