Need Used Headlamp Assembly

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone have a slightly used driver's side headlamp assembly for sale? I have no desire to drop $700 on a new one. It doesn't have to be new, but would like one that isn't scratched up or has UV damage. I've checked the classifieds and a few other places and nobody has a driver's side one for sale. I am currently deployed to Iraq and won't need it for about 2 weeks or so, but I wanted to check here before I return. Any help anyone can give is appreciated.

Frank :usa:

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dealer cost is $391 according to the packing slip (which I probably wasn't supposed to see) that came with mine earlier this summer. We're talking big time snake tax on this item. Cost was $763 installed. I think the assembly retails for $650. I believe the fascia had to come off. I still have my old one with a 1.5" long crack in the plastic lense...just enough for a little moisture to get there and start to fog a little.

Steve

OP
OP
E

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I'll keep looking on ebay from time to time. In the meantime, maybe someone will chime in with one to sell!

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
speaking of headlamp & UV damage.. Has anyone used the sanding, buffing, polishing route on UV damaged lamps? are they too thin to buff? in the old days i had woodshop & did acrilic stuff requiring sanding and buffing which was cake with the right tools.

OP
OP
E

EA6BPilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KepRght,

I tried to do it on mine and had no luck. I used the 3M compound (both cleaner and polish) and it didn't work. The closest thing that came close to working was a wet 2000 grit sandpaper. I don't know if anyone else has had a problem with their headlamps, but mine seem terrible. I met up with most of the members of the Carolinas VCA at a car show last year and even they said they hadn't seen one as bad as mine. Since I had to replace my passenger side, it looks odd to have a new one next to one that is borderline unsafe. So, I am going to just bite the bullet and buy a new one (or a nice used one).

Now if they were just a little cheaper.............

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One solution to cloudy or broken headlamps and fog is to put 3M cover. I have a set that will fit all years - BRAND NEW in box for sale. It's listed over $60 but will sell for $40 + shipping.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can buy a headlight kit that has everything that you need to fix fogged headlights. It has the clear coat that needs to go on after all the sanding. It takes about 45 min. per headloight to make them look new again. Call Maxwell Dodge here in Austin : 512 219 3634 and ask for Nate in parts , he will sell you the kit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery