New 2000 GTS on the block

Allan88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A dream come true: After 10 years of looking for the right Viper and hassling the wife about it, I have finally bought my first (and hopefully not last) Viper GTS.

I live in Denmark, a rather cold country in northern Europe, with a total of 3 Vipers in the country. This will be the first GTS to arrive to Denmark and I am really looking forward to driving it around here.
We went on a 8 day trip to Florida to get the Viper. Drove all the way to Texas – bought the car, and drove all the way back to Ft. Lauderdale. 2nd car we looked at, and it is perfect.
So now I’m just waiting for the ship to arrive so I can go get my new baby.
Thanks to Terry McDade, Conroe, Texas for taking good care of the car. It’s been taken really good care of and it shows that previous owners have been careful with this car.

[image]http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/16103/sort/1/cat/508/page/1[/image]

[image]http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/16099/sort/1/size/medium/cat/508/page/1[/image]

http://gallery.viperclub.org/showphoto.php/photo/16101/sort/1/size/medium/cat/508/page/1

HotRodHarry

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow..now that is an awesome dream come true man. Have a blast in that GTS Viper! I will warn the Denmark Police to take it easy on you with the speeding tickets
:2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

9553IMG_2352.JPG

9553IMG_23471-med.JPG

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a beautiful looking viper- I love the seats- do you know where the original owner got them?
Congratulations
Garwood

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a beautiful looking viper- I love the seats- do you know where the original owner got them?
Congratulations
Garwood

Looks like something Chad (snake hydes) would whip up. If not he could surely make something very similar.

OP
OP
A

Allan88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice words.

The aftermarket parts are:

Wheels are: HRE 545
Seats and interior are: Venzano

I will try to post some better photos when I get my baby home.

[image]
9553IMG_2364-med.JPG
[/image]

chickenwarrior

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is interesting. I sold my first Viper to a gentleman from Denmark that was working here in states for a few years. He stated that it would be "impossible" for him to own a Viper in Denmark due to the importation taxes on exotics there.
I just shipped my yellow 2001 to Sweden (your neighbor!) a few months ago. You don't want to hear the how long it took him to get his! Hope you didn't use Nortrafik! I shipped mine out of Ft. Lauderdale as well.. You two should get in touch!

CW

OP
OP
A

Allan88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is interesting. I sold my first Viper to a gentleman from Denmark that was working here in states for a few years. He stated that it would be "impossible" for him to own a Viper in Denmark due to the importation taxes on exotics there.
I just shipped my yellow 2001 to Sweden (your neighbor!) a few months ago. You don't want to hear the how long it took him to get his! Hope you didn't use Nortrafik! I shipped mine out of Ft. Lauderdale as well.. You two should get in touch!

CW

You got it right with the import taxes.(9% customs 25% tax) just to bring it in to the country.

But to get a Denmark tag on it, it will cost around 100.000$ for a year 2000 (I got a dealers tag so I pay 0 nada)

For a new car we pay 25% in sales tax of the price on the car, on top of that 180% in registrations fee, that’s for all cars.

The car will arrive in Bremerhafen Germany Friday I next week, I will pick it up the following Tuesday.

I have bought motorcycles in the states for the last 11 years, and exported them to Europe.
This is the first car I have brought over here.

I use American freight line in Ft. Lauderdale and ASI Miami.

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on a great looking Viper. One of my favorite colors with the stripes and those seats are awesome. Wish you many happy and safe moments with it!

OP
OP
A

Allan88

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally the day came when the Viper arrived with ship to Bremerhaven, Germany and I could drive down to get it. After 6 hours of driving down there, 2 hours of getting the paperwork done, I could finally drive my new "toy" the 6 hours back to Denmark, where it is now the new subject of gossip in this small town, where no-one has seen a Viper "live" before. :2tu:

I experienced a problem w/ the coolant sensor, but Chuck Tator sent me a sensor which arrived here in just 3 days, so thank you again Chuck for the fast response. :headbang: :usa:

Enjoy the pics from Denmark. Brgds, Allan.

9553IMG_2484-med.JPG

9553IMG_2485-med.JPG

9553IMG_2491-med.JPG

9553IMG_2498-med.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang