New 2013 GTS, only 95k from 138k loaded up.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Why would they let a car sit on their showroom floor for over 2 years? It makes no sense for them to leave money ******* in a car for that long. If they have had it listed for $100k for a year, it's probably time to rip the bandaid off.

That might be true if the dealership was bleeding to death

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why would they let a car sit on their showroom floor for over 2 years? It makes no sense for them to leave money ******* in a car for that long. If they have had it listed for $100k for a year, it's probably time to rip the bandaid off.

There's been plenty of dealers who have sold Vipers at a loss. It's a reality when they ordered too many floor models for a car that didn't sell well.

I've already found a new 2014 GTS at $85k, but it wasn't optioned to my liking. It's no longer listed, so I assume it sold. I am confident they can be had in the mid-low $80k's with a little patience. I don't foresee leftover 2-3 year old models selling at $100k. This is only my opinion.
I found plenty of used GTS for in the 80's but new you might find one fi you're lucky but I would bet it had some kind of story behind it. And as for new models sticking around, You will find that in a couple of years. The smart dealers are going to hold onto their left over stock. When they end production and you can't get a new viper anymore those cars will command a pretty good price. That happened with the Gen 4. When I started looking for my 2008 I found a good amount of left over 08-10 on dealers lots. They would not budge on them. When I finally pulled the trigger and found my car all those left over stock were gone.(year later) I ran into a guy at cars and coffee that had bought a new 2009 in 2012 and he paid over 100K for it. It was a solid black convertible with red interior. Hope you find your 80K GTS but if its what you want just find a used one with under a couple thousand miles on it.

Scottsviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just noticed you are in FL. Coral gables Mercedes has a sick black and silver GTS. I was actually looking at it before I found mine. Give them a call its a sweet looking car with good options

There's been plenty of dealers who have sold Vipers at a loss. It's a reality when they ordered too many floor models for a car that didn't sell well.

I've already found a new 2014 GTS at $85k, but it wasn't optioned to my liking. It's no longer listed, so I assume it sold. I am confident they can be had in the mid-low $80k's with a little patience. I don't foresee leftover 2-3 year old models selling at $100k. This is only my opinion.

dsevo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found plenty of used GTS for in the 80's but new you might find one fi you're lucky but I would bet it had some kind of story behind it. And as for new models sticking around, You will find that in a couple of years. The smart dealers are going to hold onto their left over stock. When they end production and you can't get a new viper anymore those cars will command a pretty good price. That happened with the Gen 4. When I started looking for my 2008 I found a good amount of left over 08-10 on dealers lots. They would not budge on them. When I finally pulled the trigger and found my car all those left over stock were gone.(year later) I ran into a guy at cars and coffee that had bought a new 2009 in 2012 and he paid over 100K for it. It was a solid black convertible with red interior. Hope you find your 80K GTS but if its what you want just find a used one with under a couple thousand miles on it.

That's actually a really good point. Maybe that's the plan for some of these dealers with cars that have been sitting.