New CAI boasts 28HP increase&42lbs of Torque

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked this article up in today's financial page(yahoo). Are these numbers credible?

"Phoenix, Ariz (PRWEB) October 5, 2005 -- Premier Truck is pleased to announce the initial distribution of this unique performance product to waiting customers.
The Dodge SRT-10, powered by a 8.3 L V10 VIPER engine, benefits from the added COOL AIR coming through the hood scoop intake, producing an additional 28 hp and 42ft. lbs. of torque (dyno tested).

Premier Truck Accessories will be the initial dealer to market this unique performance intake system which, for the owners of the high performance SRT-10, can add increased horsepower and torque without major modifications to their vehicle.

For additional information on the Dodge SRT-10 Cool Air Intake, and product availability, contact Premier Truck Accessories or visit http://www.premiertruckaccessories.com/srt10volant.html.

About PREMIER TRUCK ACCESSORIES:
Premier Truck Accessories, located in Phoenix, AZ., specializes in high quality aftermarket exhaust accessories for todays’ popular trucks and SUV’s. Premier, in arrangement with a number of aftermarket manufacturers, offers a unique variety of performance enhancing accessories, such as: air intake systems, headers, cat-back exhaust systems and electronic hand-held engine controllers."

David
Premier Truck Accessories
623-344-5054
www.Premiertruckaccessories.com

# # #

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know its the same motor, but all I see is the truck? Nothing to do with the car. And if you look at the picture of the intake. Its definitely looking like it wouldnt fit under our hoods. The link you posted just takes us to the homepage, so I had to search, but maybe im not looking at the same thing you are.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats for the truck, and it's been proven to be total 100% ********. Have had other shops dyno them and come up with 7hp.

Lots more info posted on srt10forums if you wanna read up on it.

Gforce

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can tell you from limited experience that the intake setup is way different.

JonB accidentally sent me a K&N for the RAM truck. I read through the 4 pages of instruction and looked at about 30 different parts. The problem was, the picture was close enough to what I had that I was trying to translate. I figured it was an old picture or something <oops>. After about 10 minutes I finally figured it out.

Anyhow, point of the story (assuming there is one) would be that I'd guess the mod may not translate easily to Vipers.

cheers -

j

womsterr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahah...yea...they said it was 40hp increase a week or two earlier ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302