New coilovers hitting the streets

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a pic I shot to show off some of the differences in these Billet Aluminum coilovers.

I have 7 sets of these shipping out today so it was a great time to snap some pics.

As you can see the stock ride height coilovers are made to stock size specs and teh lowered ride coilovers are made to be at their optimal ride height at teh lowered height, this ensure proper shock travel. These are the only Viper coilovers that are made this way.

All these coilovers utilize Torsion release bearings and sperical bearings on teh rear and helpers springs on the front. Only Eibach Race Linear race springs are used so that we can ensure perfect spring rates on all 4 corners (same springs used on Motons, etc)

jojogts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve I've been putting this off for some time trying to get a set of kw's at a good price but for how I drive (meow) I just think these would do fine. So if you got a set of the lowered ride height coilovers ready I'll take a set...

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be watching for the garage overstock clearance sale on these, lol. :D I'd love to have them but thats more than I can spend right now.

They look great.

slitherv10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arent Aldens the ones that leak like they have holes in them?

Steve I hope those arent Aldens.

Ive had Alden 754's on mine and they have been on the car for almost 5 years with no leaks and 8000miles on them. If you drive the car hard, even motons will leak after some time.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have GEN 1 both lowered and regular ride height, adjustable for Dampening, rebound and height all 4 corners available immediatley, $1540 shipped

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they Aldans? I am in the market too...

These are made for me by the same guys that make Aldans.

I have custom valving and specs and sizing of the coilovers themselves.

These coilovers have a limited lifetime warranty for leaking (limited in that leak cannot be caused by an accident) and the whole coilover with springs weighs 8.5 lbs vs the factory coilovers weighing around 14-16 lbs each)

Shipped 9 sets of these this week,

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I MAY be looking to get a set of these this winter. I just noticed that my Dynamic's on my ACR are leaking. My car is at stock ride hight but if i had to order a new set i would choose to order the lowered set. Would i need anything else to lower it, or just your set of lowered coil overs. One more question, what is the spring rate? I know my Dynamics are higher then stock GTS spring. Just wonder how they will compare.

1NASTY69Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I MAY be looking to get a set of these this winter. I just noticed that my Dynamic's on my ACR are leaking. My car is at stock ride hight but if i had to order a new set i would choose to order the lowered set. Would i need anything else to lower it, or just your set of lowered coil overs. One more question, what is the spring rate? I know my Dynamics are higher then stock GTS spring. Just wonder how they will compare.

I was thinking of getting a pair also. I talked with Steve and he has a few different spring rates depending on what you plan on doing with the car.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LMFAO, not exactly what i had in mind for mine, but close. LOL.
I use mine mainly for street but with the hope of a track day at some point. Course and 1/4 mile. But mainly a good set up for the street.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeebs,

When you are ready we will have a conversation and determine what springs will best suit your driving style. Once we determine that then we will ship the coilovers with those specific springs, we can chose springs that are best for street or track or both.

thanks

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How's inventory Steve? I may, may... be getting my car back again this weekend.

Dave,

In the last week I have added Gen 1 lowered and stock height and I have almost finished making coilovers for the Plymouth/Chrysler Prowler as well, they have never had a coilover option so we shall see how that goes.

At this point I am making and building and shipping, so it takes on average about 2 weeks from order to when you get a tracking number or if you want them shipped overnight, actual delivery. If you are ready for a set, let me know!

These coilovers with springs and everything are averaging about 33 lbs for all 4 so figure on 8 .25 lbs per corner, which I thing is a significant reduction from stock of about 5 lbs savings per corner so the car should "feel" a little better just because of the reduction in sprung weight

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much are replacement shocks, and how many miles will the shocks take before needing replaced with "normal" driving? Thanks :) ---

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much are replacement shocks, and how many miles will the shocks take before needing replaced with "normal" driving? Thanks :) ---

These coilovers are $1540 shipped, the factory shocks are Big Bucks, $1000 each or some crazy thing, if that ''s what you were asking???

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the coilover adjustable spring kit is part of the actual shock that is inside the spring?

Sorry for being ignorant, but I thought I had coilovers for a couple other cars before that you could replace the inner shock, and reuse the outer coil setup. ("Ground Control" for an Acura and a Chevy)

Once the setup is worn out, the entire unit gets replaced? ---

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the coilover adjustable spring kit is part of the actual shock that is inside the spring?

Sorry for being ignorant, but I thought I had coilovers for a couple other cars before that you could replace the inner shock, and reuse the outer coil setup. ("Ground Control" for an Acura and a Chevy)

Once the setup is worn out, the entire unit gets replaced? ---

The shocks have a lifetime warranty on leakage, outside of that I do not know what would wear out on a set of coilovers, the springs should be good long after your car has been converted to a beer can.

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the "lowered ride height setting", what is the nominal amount the shock is setup for being lowered? the same as a lowered Eibach spring setup?

What is the lowering range for the adjustments?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the "lowered ride height setting", what is the nominal amount the shock is setup for being lowered? the same as a lowered Eibach spring setup?

What is the lowering range for the adjustments?

The "lowered set" shock are 1" shorter coilover than a stock coilover, so they are made to have a full working stroke when the car is 1" lower than stock ride height. With these shocks you can still lower your car even more with the height adjuster nuts. It is just that teh start point of adjustment is now 1" lower versus starting with a coilover that is made to teh same size as a factory set of coilovers.