New coilovers hitting the streets

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like to hear reviews from recent buyers.

Also...I have Eibachs on my Gen 4 and had the car aligned when they were installed. If I installed these shocks and kept the car the same height, do I still need an alignment?

Thanks

If you set the car at the same ride height you will not need an alignment

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just placed my order with Steve. Ordered the Gen 2 coilovers with the drop for my 02 ACR. Im pretty pumped to get them, try them out and see how the car looks lowered.
Thanks again Steve
:D

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Finally have Steve Prescott's lowered coilovers on; the poor photos don't reflect my excitement to finally have this done! The pics show the out-of-the-box stance that I'm adjusting for a 26 inch rise on the fronts and 28 on the rears (measured from the floor to the fender arch). The rear is way too low in the pic. I have the rebound/dampening settings at half range for now. Will get things finalized tomorrow with an alignment. Overall very pleased with this setup so far. Now if I only had better luck with Prescott's BBK, but Steve told me he is finding the correct caliper offsets for me.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just installed my lowered coilovers from Vipair. Steve was really good to deal with and the coilovers look and feel really good. My only problem is my own. The front is a little to low. Scrapes pulling into my driveway. Looks like im going to have to try and tweak them up just a little. But as far as looks, form and function, i think they are a great product for the price.
Does everyone with lowered vipers find they scrape a bit and if so do you just not worry about it?
Pictures tomorrow.

Grisoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does everyone with lowered vipers find they scrape a bit and if so do you just not worry about it?
I'm still adjusting mine to reduce scraping coming in my driveway at an angle. I can't imagine tackling a speed bump. I think a clearance less than a 2 inches below the lip of the front facia is troublesome. Must be mindful not to put your oil pan in harm's way. :omg: If you have to park the front wheels on an inch wood platform just to get your low profile jack under the front lift points, you're at the limit IMHO. I'm fiddling with my adjustments to eliminate the necessity for the the platform.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456