New Coupe Media Pics ... 5MP+ Previews 640x480 inside

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K. , I saw the coupe at VOI and I also saw the GTSR concept for the first time in person. I have also seen the Comp Coupe in person. This is how I would rank them on curb appeal:
1.GTSR Concept
2.Comp Coupe
3.New street Coupe

I think most people who have posted on this subject would agree. Having said that, I still like the new street coupe and will probably order one. Sure I would like to have more horse power (which could happen between now and October??) and I would like to see it lowered. But to me it is still better looking than the Z06 and most other cars out there. And the more pictures I see of it the more I like it. Narrowing the stripes was a good move as was polishing the wheels. No one has mentioned the gas cap. On the VOI model it was painted the same as the body.

Let's face it, we may never see a car like the GTSR concept or Comp Coupe in a street version. Too bad!

Bob K

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if someone from dodge was told to go buy a reciprocating saw so they could cut the springs in the parking lot? The studio pics are just atrocious.

I agree. But then again, it does have a blue shifter knob.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are the door handles?

Tucked away on the top edge of the door, just like the SRT.

I'm very disappointed that they didn't use the CC rear. But ultimately it's the power that matters and they will have to bump it up if they are serious about selling them.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like it. It just looks like they took a GTS roofline and grafted it to a Gen3. Don't understand it at all, there is the BEAUTIFUL GTSR that everyone on here loves and DC comes up with this. If they won't listen to us diehard VCA Viper lovers who are they listening to? :confused:

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice chop Wayne.

It's amazing what lowering does to the appearance of the car. I must admit I am not that turned off by it anymore, it's kind of winning me over. I'm just really disappointed that it didn't get a power increase.

Mazman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the new look - very nice. I'd love to see a red with white stripes - can someone do a photoshop?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If only they put the Comp Coupe tail lights on that thing, then I would FULLY like it :crazy:

The lowering we can observe in those rooftop pictures absolutely improves the appeal (IMHO).

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
inconsistent visually...

dont like.. one bit.

now, if it were to look like the cc- i would buy one in a heartbeat..

alex
few cars

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who the **** cares about the stock HP ,it's going to be MODIFIED anyways.LOL!
I totally agree! A lot of you are complaining and whining about the HP #'s compared to the new Vette when 99% of you will mod your car anyways! Me included. Who really cares? Not I. The 06 Viper hasn't even been built yet and some of you are ready to throw in the towel. Have a little faith in DC wiil ya. If they do build the new Viper with "just" 500 hp then all of you can get worked up but for now just play the waiting game and see what DC does.

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who the **** cares about the stock HP ,it's going to be MODIFIED anyways.LOL!
I totally agree! A lot of you are complaining and whining about the HP #'s compared to the new Vette when 99% of you will mod your car anyways! Me included. Who really cares? Not I. The 06 Viper hasn't even been built yet and some of you are ready to throw in the towel. Have a little faith in DC wiil ya. If they do build the new Viper with "just" 500 hp then all of you can get worked up but for now just play the waiting game and see what DC does.

To put the new coupe on par with the new Z06 you're gonna need probably 5 grand, and personally I think that's pretty pathetic because at that point you are going to be almost 20 grand more than a Z06. Then you'll have the Z06 guys dumping that 20G's into the vette and then will proceed to **** the Viper. But waht does it matter anyway, the viper is more "exclusive" :rolleyes:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seam above the windshield is because "With ASC's (American Sunroof Corporation) help, we were able to build a coupe on the convertible's foundation. The coupe top, rear quarter panels, rear fascia, and deck lid are all attached on the current structure." Dan Knott, Automobile Magazine, February 2005.

If it looks like a patchwork of odd parts instead of a comprehensive overall design -- it's because that's what it is! :(