new coupe

B

BobbysRT10

hey guys just bought an 06 coupe with 1000 miles on it I like it a lot better then my rt/10. For some resone the ac doesnt seem to be putting out that cold of air is that normal? Any ways here are some pic.
You must be registered for see images

Wicked

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! mine only has AC issues when it's 90+ outside and I'm in stop and go traffic. Other then that it's fine.

Jason

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!:cool:

I bought my '06 Coupe earlier this year and now have about 1,100 miles on it. AC seems to work fine, though I don't drive it on the HOT days.

I just installed a 170 t-stat which probably won't make much of a difference as far as engine heat and AC performance, but it can't hurt.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm almost at 12k miles on my viper, just drove it to N. Michigan and back to Chicago (6 hours each way). A/C cranking the whole time, ice cold. Matter of fact, I had to "add" heat to it, so that i wouldnt freeze out my girlfriend at the lowest setting. (after the car cooled I put it to the lowest setting possible for cooling (slowest fan setting) and it was still too cold, tried to put it up at the front defroster only, still too cold) so I eventually just added some "red" to the mix so it wasnt that cold).

So in short, my srt-10 coupe blows at hell of a lot colder air then my 2002 GTS.

Get it looked at, it should be rock solid.

Jon

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it was close to 90 today,eng temp around 210 and ac was blowing ice cold,get it checked out,congrats on the ride.

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on your new ride and good pictures!

Take the advice of everyone who posted here and just in case you haven't seen this thread it may help you find a good dealership to work on your AC problem. Didn't know what area of the country you need one in.

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603158

Drive safely and look for a Viper Club in your area!:drive:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats.

My A/C works well as long as I don't stop and let the interior get heat soaked.
If your driving it on a hot day your fine. If you stop for lunch or something, and let the heat from the engine heat up the interior, it takes quite awhile for it too cool back down.

OP
OP
B

BobbysRT10

thaks for all the comments. Yea its been kinda hot up here in the mid 90s. I noticed it only happens when im in stop and go traffic on the freway its fine. Is that normal or should I take it in? thanks

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You can hang meat in my SRTC with the A/C on. Take it in.

Dan

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and very nice car. I bought the same one htis past February (with silver stripes) and love it. My ac is very cold as well so maybe you should take it in and have it looked at. Probably a simple fix. What area are you in?

k4site

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My blower motor seams loud and sounds like marbles rolling around in the dash when its on is this normal?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang