New detached 3 car garage FINISHED

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well almost. The epoxy floor gets 2 more top coats and then it's ready to move in to. It's 36X20.....

int_back_wall1.JPG

int_bw_nw.JPG

int_s_wall.JPG

int_sw_bw.JPG

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most Excellent!!!

I like the idea of putting the garage door on the load bearing side of the trusses and running it up to a cathedral ceiling, neat way to get it out of the way. Bet the header above the garage door was huge/steel to carry the trusses!

You'll love your epoxy floor, I love mine as it has proved to be nearly indestructable. One hint, if you can stand it, do not put anything heavier than you in your tennis shoes on it for 30 days, give the epoxy a chance to cure rock hard.

Also love all the lights! I have 14 in the my shop, 9 over the shop area, and 5 over the car parking area.... you can never have enough outlets or lights!

Vypr GT2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job!! Are the silver and red stripes painted? How about the black and white checkers on the rear wall- is it wallpaper?

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One REALLY MINOR (maybe even anal retentive?) suggestion would be to consider trimming the excess horizontal section (that protrudes past the door track) off the torsion spring mounts (can be seen best in the third photo).

The mounting tracks are really meant for a horizontal door installation but the door installer used them in a rather creative way to brace/address your unique rising door, but left the unfunctional part that extends past the tracks. May want to check with your installer to make sure trimming would not void the installation or door warranty.

OP
OP
V

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What brand floor did you use?

I didn't do the floor myself. It's professionally installed.I believe the manufacterer of the epoxy is out of Rhode Island. It consists of 6 layers. A base coat of epoxy that self levels and fills any cracks or voids. Then several coats of colored vinyl chips and an epoxy binder that gives the floor depth and color followed by 2 coats clear epoxy top coat. It's a lengthy process but has a lifetime guarantee and supposedly has a PSI rating greater than cement when cured. Cost was $3200 for the 720 square feet and that included the vinyl cove base moulding.

OP
OP
V

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, Very nice, did you have floor drains installed?

--------------------
No, the garage has central vac and the cars are washed outside.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4